Does salmon color differ by bag?

susan49

Dec 18, 2020
Hello friends! I really want to pull the trigger on my first Flo satchel. I’m interested in the salmon color, but the color in the stock photo is very different than in some other photos I’ve seen. The stock photo on the Dooney website is bright orange, and in other photos, it looks like a softer, pinky-orange. Does anyone know if the color has been changed recently? Maybe the salmon from a few years ago is different? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

9CD931EC-F1EC-47EE-9960-1B20D2A33331.jpeg

2FB8B56A-7F7B-4001-9FC2-99193A3DD8A9.jpeg

Hello friends! I really want to pull the trigger on my first Flo satchel. I’m interested in the salmon color, but the color in the stock photo is very different than in some other photos I’ve seen. The stock photo on the Dooney website is bright orange, and in other photos, it looks like a softer, pinky-orange. Does anyone know if the color has been changed recently? Maybe the salmon from a few years ago is different? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 5686723

View attachment 5686724
The color Salmon in Florentine leather has changed over time. It was originally a strong red orange color. Then it became a peachy orange color. Most recently,
it's a brighter creamsicle orange color. At least that is my experience.... I have a
Flo satchel in the peachy orange color and a wallet from about 2 years ago where the
color is much more neon and more 'painted' looking, and also lighter.

As for the photos online.... so many things influence how color looks.... including the lighting when the photo was taken and your own monitor (display/phone). The top,
brighter photo you showed is closer to the current salmon color (my guess), although
I think that photo is a little darker. The bottom photo looks too washed out to be a
good representation.

You might find some good videos on Florentine salmon on QVC. I think they showed
a handbag in that color in a Dooney show this weekend. Try to find live shots,
as opposed to pictures (which don't show the colors exactly).

Dooney says the colors used in Florentine leather are natural. Even if the
'recipe' is the same, each batch can look different. This has happened with
some of the blues and the salmon, over time. Sometimes Dooney changes the
color name, sometimes they don't. Also the same color (name) can look totally
different in Florentine leather and in pebbled leather (or other leathers).

Reactions: susan49
The color Salmon in Florentine leather has changed over time. It was originally a strong red orange color. Then it became a peachy orange color. Most recently,
it's a brighter creamsicle orange color. At least that is my experience.... I have a
Flo satchel in the peachy orange color and a wallet from about 2 years ago where the
color is much more neon and more 'painted' looking, and also lighter.

As for the photos online.... so many things influence how color looks.... including the lighting when the photo was taken and your own monitor (display/phone). The top,
brighter photo you showed is closer to the current salmon color (my guess), although
I think that photo is a little darker. The bottom photo looks too washed out to be a
good representation.

You might find some good videos on Florentine salmon on QVC. I think they showed
a handbag in that color in a Dooney show this weekend. Try to find live shots,
as opposed to pictures (which don't show the colors exactly).

Dooney says the colors used in Florentine leather are natural. Even if the
'recipe' is the same, each batch can look different. This has happened with
some of the blues and the salmon, over time. Sometimes Dooney changes the
color name, sometimes they don't. Also the same color (name) can look totally
different in Florentine leather and in pebbled leather (or other leathers).
Thank you so much for the info. I definitely want a lighter, pink-orange, so I think I’ll have to look for a different bag to get that color. The Sorrento satchel comes in a really nice Apricot color, but I am reading a lot of negative reviews on the Sorrento. Looks like my first Flo will end up being Navy. I’ll probably use it more than I would the orange anyway. Thanks again for confirming!

Thank you so much for the info. I definitely want a lighter, pink-orange, so I think I’ll have to look for a different bag to get that color. The Sorrento satchel comes in a really nice Apricot color, but I am reading a lot of negative reviews on the Sorrento. Looks like my first Flo will end up being Navy. I’ll probably use it more than I would the orange anyway. Thanks again for confirming!
Florentine leather in navy is beautiful You can't go wrong with that color.

Reactions: susan49