Does SA get penalize if you back out on a bag?

Dreamybabie

Oct 12, 2014
I put my cc down for a mini flap three months ago. My SA finally called me this week and told me the purse came in. The issue is my job is not looking bright right now so I decided to not go through with the sale. I am very dissapointed that I can't get the bag I've been waiting for. Just curious if SA get any heat for not selling the order.

I put my cc down for a mini flap three months ago. My SA finally called me this week and told me the purse came in. The issue is my job is not looking bright right now so I decided to not go through with the sale. I am very dissapointed that I can't get the bag I've been waiting for. Just curious if SA get any heat for not selling the order.
I don't think they are penalized. They just lose the commission and some of them get frustrated because they spend hours trying to find the bag u want and when u don't take it, they're not compensated. Perhaps someone can explain how their commission works or if they do in fact get penalized for failed sales.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
first off, it's very admirable to cancel a sale when you cannot afford it - that's being fiscally smart :smile: anyhow.... they only lose commission if you return items, not if you just back out. taking down names and numbers and etc. is a courtesy for clients. the worst thing is perhaps that SA might not be so eager to work w/you in the future.

You are not obligated to take a bag you are waitlisted for. Often times, if you refuse, they just go to the next name on the list. With a hot item like a mini, someone else will be very happy. It might help to tell the SA why you passed on it.