Does Python Stretch?

Mojito13

*CL LUV*
Jul 14, 2009
Hey everyone,

I'm debating on getting a pair of pythons that might be a little snug. I'm wondering though, are they similar to suede and will strecth? Or are they more like patent and will not budge? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

japskivt: it is the python black simple, size 6. I had patent pigalle 70 mm size 7 but they didn't stretch much due to the material, plus a narrow toe box. I never did try the sock trick though. I'm in love with black python but most are too expensive. I found a pair I can afford but they are a size 6. If they stretch considerabley then I might get them. My foot measures about 9.5 inches, and the seller states the insole in 9 1/3 inches - not much of a difference in size. Do you think they'd fit or am I just dreaming? I'm usually a true US 7, but I can fit sometiems into a US 6.5. I probably should have posted this into a different "fit" thread.

jazsmine: thanks for the repsonse :smile:

japskivt: it is the python black simple, size 6. I had patent pigalle 70 mm size 7 but they didn't stretch much due to the material, plus a narrow toe box. I never did try the sock trick though. I'm in love with black python but most are too expensive. I found a pair I can afford but they are a size 6. If they stretch considerabley then I might get them. My foot measures about 9.5 inches, and the seller states the insole in 9 1/3 inches - not much of a difference in size. Do you think they'd fit or am I just dreaming? I'm usually a true US 7, but I can fit sometiems into a US 6.5. I probably should have posted this into a different "fit" thread.

jazsmine: thanks for the repsonse :smile:

If the Pigalle 70 in size 37 didn't work for you, I think the Simple in 36 will be way too small.

Thanks gals ;)

I figured it would probably be too tight *sigh*. I guess I'll save up for some more expensive ones - at least those ones I know will fit (size 38).

Thanks for all the help!

Are recommendations for stretching python? I have a pair that I've tried the sock trick on for multiple occasions and it's not working. I haven't found any shoe stretching spray in my area and I don't want to use rubbing alcohol. Would a cobbler be my best bet?

Hya, I have to do the 'gradual' sock trick with Decolette's. They are just too tight and putting on a thick sock doesn't allow my foot to properly slide into the toe box.

I cut off the toe of a thin pair of socks and work my way up to thicker pairs as the toe box gets stretched. That way I get stretch in the proper stress points for my foot. It takes awhile but don't give up!!