Does Python Stretch?

Mojito13

*CL LUV*
Jul 14, 2009
In my Louboutins
Hey everyone,

I'm debating on getting a pair of pythons that might be a little snug. I'm wondering though, are they similar to suede and will strecth? Or are they more like patent and will not budge? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

jaszmine

Life is sweet
Dec 29, 2008
I would say you could probably get it to stretch a half size. Python stretches pretty easily.

Mojito13

*CL LUV*
Jul 14, 2009
In my Louboutins
japskivt: it is the python black simple, size 6. I had patent pigalle 70 mm size 7 but they didn't stretch much due to the material, plus a narrow toe box. I never did try the sock trick though. I'm in love with black python but most are too expensive. I found a pair I can afford but they are a size 6. If they stretch considerabley then I might get them. My foot measures about 9.5 inches, and the seller states the insole in 9 1/3 inches - not much of a difference in size. Do you think they'd fit or am I just dreaming? I'm usually a true US 7, but I can fit sometiems into a US 6.5. I probably should have posted this into a different "fit" thread.

jazsmine: thanks for the repsonse :smile:

Mar 5, 2008
japskivt: it is the python black simple, size 6. I had patent pigalle 70 mm size 7 but they didn't stretch much due to the material, plus a narrow toe box. I never did try the sock trick though. I'm in love with black python but most are too expensive. I found a pair I can afford but they are a size 6. If they stretch considerabley then I might get them. My foot measures about 9.5 inches, and the seller states the insole in 9 1/3 inches - not much of a difference in size. Do you think they'd fit or am I just dreaming? I'm usually a true US 7, but I can fit sometiems into a US 6.5. I probably should have posted this into a different "fit" thread.

jazsmine: thanks for the repsonse :smile:
If the Pigalle 70 in size 37 didn't work for you, I think the Simple in 36 will be way too small.

japskivt

Jul 11, 2006
NYC
I think they will be too small. If they were a 6.5 maybe, but I am a true US10 and need a 41 in the Simples. I think going down a size wouldn't be wise.

Mojito13

*CL LUV*
Jul 14, 2009
In my Louboutins
Thanks gals ;)

I figured it would probably be too tight *sigh*. I guess I'll save up for some more expensive ones - at least those ones I know will fit (size 38).

Thanks for all the help!

hya_been

Dec 11, 2008
Are recommendations for stretching python? I have a pair that I've tried the sock trick on for multiple occasions and it's not working. I haven't found any shoe stretching spray in my area and I don't want to use rubbing alcohol. Would a cobbler be my best bet?

jaszmine

Life is sweet
Dec 29, 2008
Hya, I have to do the 'gradual' sock trick with Decolette's. They are just too tight and putting on a thick sock doesn't allow my foot to properly slide into the toe box.

I cut off the toe of a thin pair of socks and work my way up to thicker pairs as the toe box gets stretched. That way I get stretch in the proper stress points for my foot. It takes awhile but don't give up!!