Does phytonectar shampoo contain sulfates?

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I currently have the Brazilian Keratin Treatment and am using a sulfate free shampoo that I'm not really digging. I used to use phytonectar shampoo back in the day when I didn't have the treatment and it really smelled great and did wonders for my hair. My stylist told me to use only sulfate free shampoos to maintain the longevity of the treatment. Most shampoos contain sulfate and even my "sulfate free" shampoo has ingrediants that seem to be a derivation of sulfate so I'm confused. I'm not a chemist and I'm not a hair stylist, but would like to know if it is safe to use phytonectar shampoo on my hair as not to shorten the life of my keratin treatment. Any help would be great!!

I currently have the Brazilian Keratin Treatment and am using a sulfate free shampoo that I'm not really digging. I used to use phytonectar shampoo back in the day when I didn't have the treatment and it really smelled great and did wonders for my hair. My stylist told me to use only sulfate free shampoos to maintain the longevity of the treatment. Most shampoos contain sulfate and even my "sulfate free" shampoo has ingrediants that seem to be a derivation of sulfate so I'm confused. I'm not a chemist and I'm not a hair stylist, but would like to know if it is safe to use phytonectar shampoo on my hair as not to shorten the life of my keratin treatment. Any help would be great!!

I dont know that shampoo, but I use and love love love the new shampoo by Khield´s without parabenes, sulfates & is silicone free.;)

Sephora lists what it's not made with and I didn't see sulfates, but this is what's on their site.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

Sephora lists what it's not made with and I didn't see sulfates, but this is what's on their site.

- Parabens
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

I bought that Sephora product like 2 months ago, I think its call "Green Connection", (the mask).... Just terrible:yucky::yucky::yucky::throwup::throwup::throwup:... cant stand it... leaves the hair sooooo dry and horrible feeling!!!

Thanks Karester! Good call! I do believe it contains sulfates, despite it being all natural. I typed in sulfate-free shampoo into Sephora's search tool on their website and phytonectar did not come up. Thanks for your help!

- Parabens
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates

Thanks for the info girls, I also have the Brazilian, Keratin straightening treatment, and I don't like the shampoo you buy from the salon where the process is done :tup:

this is from drugstore.com, theyre not always 100% on ingredients but...

Phytonectar Ultra Nourishing Shampoo, Ultra-Dry Hair 6.7 fl oz (200 ml)
Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Hypericum Perforatum Extract (Millepertuis) (Botanical Origin), Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Magnesium Laureth Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Disodium Cocamphodiacetate (Botanical Origin), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Botanical Origin), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (Botanical Origin), PEG 4 Rapeseedamide (Botanical Origin), PEG 15 Cocopoliamine (Botanical Origin), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Botanical Origin), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Botanical Origin), Citrus Amara (Orange) Flower Essential Wax (Botanical Origin), Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate (Botanical Origin), Laureth 10 (Botanical Origin), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Botanical Origin), Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10 (Botanical Origin), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Ethyl, Butyl) (Preservative), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum)
sulfates in bold