Does Petland buy from puppy mills?

winniejo

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I'm not looking for a dog but need to pick up some food for my pup. We just moved and I guess Petland carries Wellness according to their website. I just don't want to support their store if they do get their pups from mills.

Sorry if there is already info on this, the search feature is down. ;)

i used to live near a petland that sold puppies. they had a havanese for $1500 which was beyond ridiculous and raised a red flag for me. The puppies were cute and all but I didn't get the sense that the workers were overly concerned about them beyond making sales and keeping them looking healthy. Needless to say, I did not purchase anything in there.

Bagdizzy - I will repeat NO reputable breeder will sell to a pet shop.

So any so called breeder in manila who sells to a petshop is NOT reputable.

Just because a person shows does not make them reputable, some so called people who show in manila do sell dogs to petshops YUCK!

Our Petland does:tdown:
I only buy from store that do not sell pets of any sort. Our Petcetra has a few days a week that they bring in dogs and cats from the SPCA and that is where I buy the majority of my food/toys. People think I'm crazy for having that rule but I have managed to convert many of my friends and my parents.

Our Petland does:tdown:
I only buy from store that do not sell pets of any sort. Our Petcetra has a few days a week that they bring in dogs and cats from the SPCA and that is where I buy the majority of my food/toys. People think I'm crazy for having that rule but I have managed to convert many of my friends and my parents.

You are NOT crazy. I think you are a wonderful person, because you don't want to support puppy mills. Just like everybody else on this thread. It is nice to see that so many people are aware of this problem.