Does Pebbled age like NVT?

Hi!
I haven't even got my hands on the purse my daughter got me, and won't 'til Christmas, but am already thinking about the next and the next after that (and even the next after that!)
I LOVE the look of the aged Oak Bays/NVT, and the thought of having a bag for 20 or more years, but have decided I need a shoulder bag, or even one with a crossbody strap. As I plan and plot my next conquest, I wonder if the pebbled leathers in the Mitzy line (messenger in particular) get the same gorgeous patina?
What is your experience or recommendation for a beautifully aged oak?

Since pebbled leather has been treated more than nvt (which is all natural), it will not darken and develop the same patina in the same extent as the nvt leathers.

The Mitzy messenger in oak is fab btw! I love mine =)

Hmmm, back to the drawing board then. Thanks for advice, ladies...does the Bays fit over your shoulder with a woolen coat?
I see the Bella Hobo in the coming soon section ~ though it doesn't have a crossbody strap, it definitely fits over the shoulder and is natural. I look forward to the reviews on that one!

Thanks again!

Unless you are tiny a bays is unlikely to fit over your shoulder comfortably with a winter coat.
The bella hobo certainly looks interesting! Alternatively you could go for an older style bag made from NVT or darwin leather that will fit over the shoulder eg phoebe or annie?

If you are hung up on the Bays NVT, how about an East West Bays, smaller than the Bays, but a longer handle to fit over the shoulder.

I have Mitzy hobos and love them. The pebbled leather is beautiful and soft but I still miss NVT (I sold my Bays and EW Bays, the Bays style wasn't me).

Pebbled weather is very hard wearing in my opinion.

Thank you, flyvetjo, I am not tiny.
I will go and check those others out online!

Thank you, Emmy Lou, I do love the pebbled in my teeny-tiny Sommerset clutch. I hadn't considered the E-W Bays....off to .com I go!

Last edited: