Does PayPal impose monthly withdrawal limits?

1. I'm definitely not a newbie to eBay, but this one stumped me. The seller of auction #220047954281 (LV bag and wallet) told me she is not going to take paypal for her auction because of the high fees (well, I can understand that one) but also because paypal will only allow her to withdraw $500 per month from her account. Has anyone heard of this or is the seller lying?

Since she will only take money orders and checks, I asked her if she would use a 3rd party escrow service. She said no, so I told her I would not be bidding on her auction (I lost a lot of money once by sending a buyer a money ordere and I never got my bag).

2. A week or so ago I went to PayPal to complete an auction (I was the seller.) As soon as I signed in I had a message saying I had reached my monthly withdrawal limit, and I had two choices-either provide additional ID or change the type of membership I have with PayPal. Because I initiated the correspondence (ie went to PayPal as opposed to answering something from them), and because I've read so much about PayPal in this forum, it made sense, more $ from me to them as a seller. I am verified and have had an account for 6 years-I was unnerved but I do remember thinking I didn't want to/couldn't change the type of seller I was-now having read this, I think I should go back and look. In answe to your question, though, I believe they do have a legitimate withdrawal limit for various tiers of sellers-they also have a very long and wordy path when you have a question-hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice