Does other styles worth less than Birkin or Kelly

As other have said here - it sounds like you and your mom appreciate Hermes craftsmanship more than her 'friend' that only buys Birkins for the show factor. When you truly love a brand, you buy more than the popular bags. Sounds like your friend is purchasing a Birkin to dress and impress more than the love of the brand. Boring.

Personally I don't own a B or K, I do own a Picotin and Jige that I love. I would like to own a Kelly and will likely get one in the future when I do want to dress up and definitely not for practicality. But for everyday, I'm a bit embarrassed to wear a bag everyday that is so recognizable where everyone who recognizes it knows the cost of it. There is something more modern and refreshing about carrying H (or any brand for that matter) that aren't the most popular bags.

The same goes for Chanel. Never wear my flap bags, but love my executive tote.

Totally agree

I love all my bags, not just the B and K. I actually get more mileage out of the other low profile H bags especially my Lindy because of ease of use. Please tell your mom to enjoy whatever bag she wants to use without any care about what other people say and in the wise words of old Taylor Swift, just "shake it off". :P

Same with my mom, Lindy was her favorite style

Reactions: adguru
Nothing is wrong with getting other styles and that woman is has a limited view. Personally, I'm not too crazy about a Birkin or a Kelly and we (including your mom), are not the only ones who prefer H bags other than Birkins or Kellys. If you check out to the clubhouses H sub-forum, you will find members there who collect only Plumes, Bolides, vintage H bags, etc.
Count me among that group! I love the Bolide (more history than B or K), Jypsiere and Lindy.

Reactions: fatcat2523 and Evia
Birkins and Kellies are definitely the classics, and there's that 'factor' of only being able to purchase it retail if you have established some type of a track record and good relationship with your SAs. To be honest to me that's a genius on Hermes' part because you can't just go into a store and ask to buy it. My husband, who finds my love affair with Hermes very interesting to say the least, has an interesting way of putting it. Typically folks who have this kind of money to spend on a bag is NOT used to rejection, so the fact that Hermes is rejecting people left right center for their requests for Kelly and Birkin and not just agreeing to a sale because you can afford it IS what makes Hermes that much more appealing.

Anyways, I own a few of both (Birkin and Kelly) as well as their other styles (Lindy, Jypsiere, Constance, as well as the clutches - Jige and Eege) among other accessories that Hermes offers. People often ask me what my favorite is. I don't have one. Each of them fits different purposes and are beautiful. I'm now in the market of a Roulis and you would not believe how many so-called Hermes "fans" had to do a double take and be all, "what?"

As other responses have pointed out - love them for the craftmanship, not for the showmanship. Their styles are understated, their materials superior and for those reasons you'll get a lot of use of them in many, many years to come!