Does Net-a-porter ever discount more than 40% off?

jadecee

Jun 8, 2006
Hi,

I hope I don't come off as sounding greedy... but I've been eyeing some items in the sale section of Net-a-porter, but I still think the price is a bit high for those particular items.

Anyone know if I wait whether they would be discounted further? And if so, when does this happen?

Do they ever have a clearance sale where they do a second markdown on items that are already on sale?

If anyone knows anything about this and could share that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi, I in the UK and have been a customer of NaP since they started, but my experiences may not apply to US practice, but with that caveat, NaP sales are generally a once off set of reductions in my experience - I don't ever recall seeing one set of reductions followed by more later. . .But they are a fab. company with great service and 100% gorgeous and authentic products.

Thanks for the reply! Yah - what I'm interested in is on their international site and isn't available on their US site. What I've been looking at has actually been 40% off for awhile, but I just keep on waiting which I guess looks like it's pointless cuz it's not going to be going for cheaper.

I guess I just have to wait for free shipping times and then I'll buy it at that time.

Thanks again!

I don't want to swear by this but I think I remember seeing further reductions on items that have traveled from one sale to the next. I'm not sure though and maybe it's just wishful thinking but there is free shipping now with the holidays code.

Thanks icechick! I have to wait for their next free shipping event cuz exactly that.. it's the holidays and I can't be spending $$ on these bags that are "nice to have", but not "OMG I will DIE if I don't have them".

I've been really bad already and bought quite a few things lately that fall in the "OMG I will DIE if I don't snatch these up." category.. so have to be good until the new year!

What is the web address of their international site?

Go to the US site, than look up in the top left hand corner of your screen where there it says 'change' or 'edit' or something like that. A box will pop up asking you if you want to change to the 'international' site. Click on the appropriate spot in that box.