does mulberry's patent leather wear well?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, i'm new to this forum, delighted to find a group who love mulberry as much as i do! :yahoo:

i'm considering getting a black patent bays and wanted to ask how well mulberry's patent leather holds up. does it age well, does it scratch or crease, and what care does it require? I have 5 bags, but all in darwin leather, which i adore for its hardiness, and the way it looks vintagey after a while...

2. Hi and welcome . I have a few bays in darwin , , soft tumbled and patent . The answer is yes , it does crease with wear . You do need to be more careful with patent than your other bags , don't put it near heat and be careful not to scratch it.

3. Thanks for the feedback... The last time i owned anything patent it was when it used to get sticky and peel! :smile: guess techniques must've advanced since...

Do you have a bag in the congo leather? i wonder if the bays in congo and patent are stiffer, or do they slouch the way they do in darwin - i love that...

4. Don´t have any experience with patent bag. Just want to say hello and welcome!;)