Does Loyalty Count with VCA?

HAllDay

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
This is a random question-- but does "loyalty" count with VCA the way it does it with Hermes? My husband has bought two pieces from LV VCA at Crystals and our SA there is lovely. She sent me a mother's day gift and a birthday gift, which was such a nice surprise. Unfortunately, we won't be traveling to LV any time soon due to Covid, so I want to look at pieces at our local VCA. Should I just go to local store to look at what I like and then order the piece(s) through my LV VCA SA?

Thank you!

Reactions: cocoluxx
I’m new to VCA shopping, but I will take a stab at answering.

it’s important to any high end luxury goods staff to nurture regular client relationships (thus the gifts and notes).

Its also in the clients best interest to buy from the same staff bc they get to know your taste; what you already own; and they can help facilitate issues like delivery, aftercare, repairs, and special orders.

you could perhaps ask your SA if she thinks x item would suit you and if she can check whether it is available locally to try on since you need to see it in person.

I don’t think it’s like Hermes where you cultivate a relationship to be able to buy an expensive item. If VCA has something you want to buy, they will sell it to you.

Travel makes everything more difficult and you have to do what is convenient for you. Any luxury brand staff member understands this.

Last edited:
I’m new to VCA shopping, but I will take a stab at answering.

it’s important to any high end luxury goods staff to nurture regular client relationships (thus the gifts and notes).

I think its also in the clients best interest to buy from the same staff bc they get to know your taste; what you already own; and they can help facilitate issues like delivery, aftercare, repairs, and special orders.

you could also perhaps ask your SA if she thinks x item would suit you and if she can check whether it is available locally to try on since you need to see it in person.

I don’t think it’s like Hermes where you cultivate a relationship to be able to buy an expensive item. If VCA has something you want to buy, they will sell it to you.

Travel makes everything more difficult and you have to do what is convenient for you. Any luxury brand staff member understands this.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I’ll reach out to my sweet LV SA. It’s a bummer that everything is so calculated these days. I can’t even walk into my local VCA—I have to make an appointment just to browse.

Reactions: chromemilou and 880
I think if you have a local VCA boutique, it might make the most sense to start a relationship with a SA there since you'll want to go there to try things on, etc. It's not like Hermes, but I do think if you ever want a limited item, your chances are better if you do have a relationship with a particular SA. I think to go try on things locally and always buy from another boutique will become awkward. We had a VCA in a Neiman Marcus close by for awhile, and I went 2-3 times to try things on and did not buy. I bought from various other places when travelling or because someone alerted me to a boutique having something I wanted. I was at the point I just couldn't go there again because the same few SAs were always there! But it closed, so unfortunately I don't have the option now. I do favor a VCA boutique over NM, though.

I think it depends on your definition of "counting."

Loyalty in what way? With H, it does count as you want your SA to look upon you with favour if your goal is to be offered quota bags. VCA operates completely differently. There are no quota pieces to drive demand as with H, although there are more rare pieces that your SA could procure for you if you are loyal, so that "counts" I suppose. As stated above, if you want to buy something, VCA wants to sell it to you. No games like with H.

For me, I would not dream of shopping with anyone else because my SA and I have developed an actual friendship, and I adore him & cherish the relationship. He of course is also quick to locate anything I have asked for and always makes a point to overnight with little extra gifts etc, as my home store is out of state.

If "counting" to you is receiving the little extras like flowers and gifts, then sure - absolutely loyalty counts. I guess the answer to your question is dependent on what it is you are trying to get out of your relationship with your SA.

Loyalty in what way? With H, it does count as you want your SA to look upon you with favour if your goal is to be offered quota bags. VCA operates completely differently. There are no quota pieces to drive demand as with H, although there are more rare pieces that your SA could procure for you if you are loyal, so that "counts" I suppose. As stated above, if you want to buy something, VCA wants to sell it to you. No games like with H.

For me, I would not dream of shopping with anyone else because my SA and I have developed an actual friendship, and I adore him & cherish the relationship. He of course is also quick to locate anything I have asked for and always makes a point to overnight with little extra gifts etc, as my home store is out of state.

If "counting" to you is receiving the little extras like flowers and gifts, then sure - absolutely loyalty counts. I guess the answer to your question is dependent on what it is you are trying to get out of your relationship with your SA.

You know, I didn't even think about it when I was wording and posting my question!! I've been so caught up with Hermes this past year that my mindset has transformed into that I must be loyal to a SA when it comes to buying any sort of luxury good. It didn't even occur to me that you don't need to wait to be "offered" with VCA. You just walk into the store and buy. I feel a bit silly now even asking the question.

Actually, what I have learned through this year and having to make an appointment with SAs to see anything, whether it be Chanel, Hermes, etc, is that I do enjoy finding an SA I click with and only working with that one person. Earlier in the year, when things were still closed here, my husband called our LV VCA SA to find me a birthday gift. It was nice calling someone we could put a face to the name and then having her take the time to find a gift, wrap it and then add a nice extra birthday gift. Got my gift the next day and it was the highlight of a dreary month.

You know, I didn't even think about it when I was wording and posting my question!! I've been so caught up with Hermes this past year that my mindset has transformed into that I must be loyal to a SA when it comes to buying any sort of luxury good. It didn't even occur to me that you don't need to wait to be "offered" with VCA. You just walk into the store and buy. I feel a bit silly now even asking the question.

Actually, what I have learned through this year and having to make an appointment with SAs to see anything, whether it be Chanel, Hermes, etc, is that I do enjoy finding an SA I click with and only working with that one person. Earlier in the year, when things were still closed here, my husband called our LV VCA SA to find me a birthday gift. It was nice calling someone we could put a face to the name and then having her take the time to find a gift, wrap it and then add a nice extra birthday gift. Got my gift the next day and it was the highlight of a dreary month.

I don't think you should feel silly. :flowers:

H does a great job of putting us all in a certain mindset, doesn't it? :lol: But yes, I think you should consider what it is that you would like to gain from your VCA SA relationship. Whatever that looks like, if you are getting it, that is what counts. :heart:

Earlier in the year, when things were still closed here, my husband called our LV VCA SA to find me a birthday gift. It was nice calling someone we could put a face to the name and then having her take the time to find a gift, wrap it and then add a nice extra birthday gift. Got my gift the next day and it was the highlight of a dreary month.
Happy belated birthday! If your SA knows what you like, it’s always a win win! :biggrin:

This! My SA has become a friend as well- and when I can get to my out of state boutique to see her in person - it’s an added joy.
I wouldn’t dream of buying VCA from anyone else, or from anywhere else -
Given the kind effort of your SA- personally I would stay with them-
Luxury is luxury in no small part to that personal touch.

This! My SA has become a friend as well- and when I can get to my out of state boutique to see her in person - it’s an added joy.
I wouldn’t dream of buying VCA from anyone else, or from anywhere else -
Given the kind effort of your SA- personally I would stay with them-
Luxury is luxury in no small part to that personal touch.
Thank you for this!

I kinda divvy up my purchases between a boutique in another state and my local NM. Since my lovely local SA hasn't been back since covid, I've been buying through my NY SA. But if he comes back, I would be happy to buy from them too. Just depends on the piece.

Reactions: HAllDay
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I’ll reach out to my sweet LV SA. It’s a bummer that everything is so calculated these days. I can’t even walk into my local VCA—I have to make an appointment just to browse.
I know our local VCA is appointment only to try to reduce the number of people in store due to COVID, and for contact tracing. Its annoying to have to try to make an appointment if I just want to browse, but I also appreciate getting the dedicated one hour of the SA's time.

Reactions: JLO1 and HAllDay
This is a random question-- but does "loyalty" count with VCA the way it does it with Hermes? My husband has bought two pieces from LV VCA at Crystals and our SA there is lovely. She sent me a mother's day gift and a birthday gift, which was such a nice surprise. Unfortunately, we won't be traveling to LV any time soon due to Covid, so I want to look at pieces at our local VCA. Should I just go to local store to look at what I like and then order the piece(s) through my LV VCA SA?

Thank you!
That's super sweet that your VCA SA in LV sent you gifts. I love SAs like that and I'm sure she would appreciate it if you continued to shop with her. That being said, I think it would be a little rude to look and try things on in your local store and then not buy it, especially if a local SA was helping you to try things on. If she was putting the time and effort in, she should get the sale. You could always get your LV SA to send you the things you want to try, and then if you don't like it, I'm sure she would understand if you sent things back.

In response to your question, I agree with the others that VCA SAs don't make you play any games. If you want something, they'll do their best to get it for you. I enjoy this part of shopping with jewelry brands over bag brands, because even with other bag brands like LV and Chanel, you have to play games with the SA in order for them to sell you something that's higher in demand. There isn't a fair waiting list where I am and some things are impossible to get if you are not a VIP.

That being said, if you like the gifting, not all SAs will gift. Some are better than others, so if you find an SA who is good at gifting then I suggest staying with them.

That's super sweet that your VCA SA in LV sent you gifts. I love SAs like that and I'm sure she would appreciate it if you continued to shop with her. That being said, I think it would be a little rude to look and try things on in your local store and then not buy it, especially if a local SA was helping you to try things on. If she was putting the time and effort in, she should get the sale. You could always get your LV SA to send you the things you want to try, and then if you don't like it, I'm sure she would understand if you sent things back.

In response to your question, I agree with the others that VCA SAs don't make you play any games. If you want something, they'll do their best to get it for you. I enjoy this part of shopping with jewelry brands over bag brands, because even with other bag brands like LV and Chanel, you have to play games with the SA in order for them to sell you something that's higher in demand. There isn't a fair waiting list where I am and some things are impossible to get if you are not a VIP.

That being said, if you like the gifting, not all SAs will gift. Some are better than others, so if you find an SA who is good at gifting then I suggest staying with them.

We did end up going into our local VCA for the first time this past Friday. The lady who helped was randomly assigned and she was also a very lovely SA! They have to be lovely in order to be hired by VCA, huh?? :smile: Come to think of it, every time we've gone into any VCA, the service has always been impeccable. I don't dress up and/or even act like I'm ready to buy and the SAs there are always gracious. Anyway, my husband and I decided that it would be nice to have a local SA to help with any issues like cleaning or any services we want done like extending a necklace, so we will probably buy from the local SA who helped us this past Friday.

Not to threadjack - but does someone have an SA they love at Short Hills? It's my closest store and I have never been (I'm in Philly) but I plan on going up to look at some items I have my eye on in person. I know I need to make an appointment and would hope to request someone amazing.