Does Louis Vuitton quality justify it's price for you? Issues with all of my items..

miss_h

Jun 30, 2014
Hello all!

So far, I'm quite dissapointed with Louis Vuitton. I have just begun collecting and I have problems with all my products I've purchased.

Here is my never full, I bought it April 25, 2014. This is how the straps look after that time. Do you see how one strap has tears by the stitching and the other does not? My Alma BB has the same tearing on the strap but only has it close to where the strap attaches to the handles.

Also, the pochette that it came with has ripped, due to the natural bending that the strap is DESIGNED for.

Should I bring this in?? What would Louis Vuitton do for me>

Then there is my key holder. It is my newest piece and I have had it for about a week now. It is brand new and I've opened my door maybe 10 times since I've got it. The canvas is curling on it already.

I don't mind paying the prices Louis Vuitton charges, so long as they provide quality products. I'm not expecting indestructible, but my oldest piece is less than 3 months old so I don't think I'm exaggerating here.

I'd like to receive any input you may have as to LV Quality, If you think maybe I just happened to get bad items? Do you think they will replace my Neverfull? I don't want to wait 6 weeks for repair on such a new bag.

If I don't see any solid quality, I may just move to a new designer and abandon Louis Vuitton, which I don't want to do since I love some of their designs.

Thank you

Please note the difference in the two straps below, and the tear in the included pochette:

Attachments

• IMG_20140716_211606.jpg
    IMG_20140716_211606.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 11,759
  • IMG_20140716_211741.jpg
    IMG_20140716_211741.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 11,844
Hmmm! At first it's unnoticeable, but when I zoomed in the photo That handle doesn't look good! It has some crackings from where the stitchings are. I think you should bring it back to the store. They should replace it for you coz it's been only a few months since you purchased it. Sorry this has happened to you. Maybe you just got a bad batch from Louis's?

You should read the book Deluxe. A lot of what it talks about is how luxury these days is in the brand symbolism, not in the actual quality. LV is talked about a good deal, how as they grew and grew, and were turned into LVMH, most items are (fairly) mass produced, and the luxury is about the price tag and name recognition more than what you're getting. As much as I love LV, I do real think there is some truth to this. Most of the items are pumped out in a factory, and errors happen.

LVMH is a conglomerate, and cutting costs is important to any business. If I compare my speedy from 10 years ago to the ones sold now, there are obvious quality differences in the stitching, thickness of canvas, etc. Unfortunately, I think LV is letting their quality slip because they know people will continue to buy, just because of the brand.

I'd like to say their customer service justifies the price and relieves some of the quality issues, but I haven't had that experience yet either. My next purchase will be an LV leather bag that I've always wanted, but after that, I'm with you and most likely moving on (or at least no more canvas bags). I'm disappointed in what their products are becoming.

My ikat neverfull straps were ruined in less than a year of owning the bag. I've been asked to pick out another one but a lot of people here have been telling me that the neverfull's straps always have issues, esp the DE. I wanted to get this same bag to replace mine, but I'm so confused as well.

All this is really disheartening to hear! Especially as I just purchased my first bag only two years ago. Now ten LV's away I start to hear these horror stories. I find myself inspecting my bags every time I use them now just to make sure no problems are arising. It is quite unfortunate but my SA steered me clear from purchasing the NF in DE because these problems.

I am sorry this happened and yes take it in to see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Thank you everyone for the replies. And thanks mrsinsyder for the Book recommendation. I am going to go to the store to see how they treat me about the problems with my Neverfull.

If they try and dismiss it as wear and tear, I may unfortunately abandon Louis Vuitton.

I too find myself inspecting my bags.. I do believe LV works to make their products better.

The fact that they redesigned the Totally to eliminate or improve their product problems makes me believe LV stands behind their products.

I do agree that most Designer purses and bags are more about the "status" or brand than the quality.... Will it make me quite buying more Louis Vuitton bags?

Absolutely not!

I just understand this and do inspect my bags carefully. But like any other bag or purse we women carry, they will have ware and tare. I treat my LV bags much better than I ever did my "cheaper" purses and I have to admit after caring my speedy for 6-7 years straight that's a great life! And I am willing to put in a bit extra $ to fix the little wear and tears.

But to have issues this early on is not normal or good. And every customer should LOVE their LVs to make continued purchases.

Reactions: Spardeshi
Don't bother bringing it in. I had both issues and they tell me this is normal and these issues will not lead to breakage. I, too, was annoyed. Great, it won't break, but it looks absolutely crummy. I already fought these battles, so accept or move on. OR, in the case of the pochette (it was the Favorite for me) buy the Eva strap. I was able to get it as a replacement part ($70), after a stink. A stink I felt was justified.

Don't bother bringing it in. I had both issues and they tell me this is normal and these issues will not lead to breakage. I, too, was annoyed. Great, it won't break, but it looks absolutely crummy. I already fought these battles, so accept or move on. OR, in the case of the pochette (it was the Favorite for me) buy the Eva strap. I was able to get it as a replacement part ($70), after a stink. A stink I felt was justified.

That is horrible. I'm so sorry for how they treated you. May I ask why you still continue to purchase Louis Vuitton products after such a bad experience?

That is horrible. I'm so sorry for how they treated you. May I ask why you still continue to purchase Louis Vuitton products after such a bad experience?
Every single brand has flaws. Flaws are everywhere. It's annoying, especially because I am picky. Nothing is flawless. Hard to accept and I still haven't completely, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Everything when it's magnified 100x will show flaws. Whether they are Chanel, Hermes or Coach bags. My face when it's magnified looks horrendous at 8x.

Seems like everybody on this board has problems when they looking at their bags with high def lens on a camera or magnifying glasses. Life isn't flawless. Look closely at everything and there are imperfections.