Does Louis Vuitton Authenticate?

Speaking from my own personal experience. I bought the Damier Speedy from a friend of a friend at a discounted price. And seeing how there are website that sells bags with locks etc, and they go all out for these fakes I wanted to be sure. We agreed if the bag was fake, I'd get my money back. I went into the NYC store on 57th and told the SA, I received this bag as a gift and wanted to know if it was LV bag. They told me I can go up the xx floor (I can't remember which one). I went up, there was a lady at the front desk. And I was scared, in case they take the bag if it's fake etc. I told her what I told the SA. She asked me a few question, where did i get it? I said as a gift, I think they bought it from a boutique. She said LV does not sell their bags at boutiques and I start to say well I'm not sure. She asked me to empty the contents and went into a locked door. Came out 5 minutes later saying it was not a LV bag. I was embarrassed but, said thank you and walked out. And I end up getting my money back.
omg I just purchased something online and Im afraid its a fake. Im think about going into the LV store but Im so nervours and embarrased.. ;X

if the bag was purchased a while ago and you just go into a store now can they still do it??

When I bought my first LV bag at the store, the SA told me that I can have the initial heat stamp any time I want, even 10 years from the day you bought it, as long as you bring it in on the weekdays, they don't do heat stamp on weekend. Hope this help.

Can someone please tell me if this guy/girl is selling legit bags on eBay? Thank you in advance.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Womens-Hand...=brand_jfa&_dcat=169291&Brand=Louis%20Vuitton

***would like to know about this one in particular

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-Louis-...522?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item35c1d61d12

Hello and welcome, could you re-post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/authenticate-lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-775894.html

This thread is just above here (in the "Sticky threads"), add more ebay info see first post.

Good luck.

LV only writes certificates if you hire a lawyer.
I had huge problemswith a Neverfull Fake I had bought on ebay.
Same story...pictures of an authentic one, fake bag. So I called my LV store and they told me I had lost the money forever because they only authenticate in writing when asked by a lawyer to do so. even then it will get too expensive...
Luckily mypoupette.com wrote me a certificate and I was able to get my money back via Paypal. I'll never buy on Ebay again...

I'm sure the buyer was lying to me, she was trying to bully me into giving her a full refund plus shipping (it was international so it cost a bunch to ship with insurance)
I think it was buyers remorse... She opened a case with paypal and even messaged me on ebay saying she was going to have paypal make me pay for the $75 authentication she had done...
The bag was authentic, I purchased it from a reputable seller. I double checked the auction on the authentication thread after the buyer said it was fake it checked out. I even offered to have Carol Diva authenticate but nothing. Paypal eventually sided with me, probably because she never actually had it authenticated.

Glad it worked out. When I opened the case on Paypal because of my fake NF I had to prove within 10 days that the bag was a fake.
Paypal only works with certain websites which authenticates. they named only three websites, one of them being mypoupette.com.
Mypoupette wanted a lot of information, pictures, links, Addresses and stuff. They wrote a statement of non-authenticity and faxed it to Paypal. Then I got my money back after signing a declaration that the fake had been destroyed.
It took a lot of time and nerves...
But mine was a real fake. Your buyer probably tried to doubledeal. She would have got the money and also kept the bag since fakes are not to be sent back to the seller.
Nice try...

"....Also keep in mind - they are not trained to authenticate - they are trained to sell bags. So they don't spend much time looking at fakes or knowing what to look for ;)"

I agree with that last statement. There is a reason why officially LV store employees shouldn't be authenticating bags. They are not properly trained on how to tell authenticity, especially on those models which have been discontinued and are no longer sold in their stores.

A friend of mine brought in her bag which was a few years old and the employee told her it was not authentic siting specifically the type of lining of that bag. She later did more research and found that the type of lining was in fact used in that specific bag all the way until 3 years prior, when they switched to the other fabric. Do your own research and take their opinion as just one of many points of information you gather about your bag.