Does Kate Spade still make quality handbags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. When I was in college and just after I graduated, the majority of my bags were KS. I haven't looked closely at any of the KS bags in a few years - I've been purchasing Coach and M by MJ and most recently, Kooba, RM and Tano.

Are the bags worth the money?

2. One of my first "nice" purse purchases was a Black Kate Spade Wellesley. I was a little disappointed with the quality and actually emailed katespade.com about concerns I had about the purse. The lining is a very thin cloth in the "dot noel" print and is very loose. I was also a little put off by a cheap looking tag on the inside of the purse that said "Made in China". Now I know that a lot of nice bags are being made in China but at the time I thought "I spent $400 on a bag made in China". I guess I was under the impression that Kate Spade actually manufactured their goods in New York or Italy. They did not respond to my email, not even a generic/automated response.
    The handbag itself is sturdy and nice looking-kind of that boxy tote style that Kate Spade tends to favor. I occasionally go to katespade.com to see what the current season is, but I think there are a lot nicer and interesting bags out there.

3. I am not super happy with one I bought earlier this year... I am thinking of ebaying it but i wonder if it is worth the trouble... I've only worn it once and I don't really like how it sags so much.

4. They're a bit overpriced for the quality.