Does Jewelry Ever Make You Feel. . . Sexy?

May 29, 2010
When I try on most pieces of jewelry, I feel that the piece is pretty, sparkly, or bold. However, few pieces ever make me feel. . .sexy. I know this is an odd thread. When one may think of sexy, they may think of a black dress, high heels, or lingerie. However, some pieces of jewelry do make me feel more attractive.

My Sexy Pieces include the following:

Large Hoops

Dangling Earrings

Notes Earrings
DSCF9494.jpg

Crystal Necklace
DSCF9497.jpg

Absolutely!

But I think that while jewellery definitely adds to the sex appeal, 99.9% is how YOU present and carry yourself.

I've seen people who "think" they're sexy & are anything but! It's all in the attitude, persona, & character!

For me, IMPERFECTION is sexy.....together w/ some tiny diamond studs ;)

Sure, for me wearing jewellery is about style, confidence, and a personalization that sets you apart from others. I have pieces that make me feel sexy, pretty, strong/powerful. I love jewellery because to me it represents a persons true personal taste; everyone can put on the same white T-shirt and black skinny jeans but as soon as you add a big cocktail ring and some bracelets it sets you apart:graucho:
my sexy pieces are:
my Tiffany amethyst sparkler
layered necklaces (dbty's, roberto coin key)

my powerful pieces are ones that were expensive and were to me from me:
St Onge pendant
Dbty platinum 3 diamond bracelet

Pretty pieces:
purple sapphire ring
RG Tiffany oval key necklace
diamond studs

Jewelry makes me feel sexy in the same way lingerie might. No one else might even see or notice it, but I know I have it on and it affects my attitude and the way I think about myself. And that can be sexy because sexy is all about attitude.

Sure, for me wearing jewellery is about style, confidence, and a personalization that sets you apart from others. I have pieces that make me feel sexy, pretty, strong/powerful. I love jewellery because to me it represents a persons true personal taste; everyone can put on the same white T-shirt and black skinny jeans but as soon as you add a big cocktail ring and some bracelets it sets you apart:graucho:
my sexy pieces are:
my Tiffany amethyst sparkler
layered necklaces (dbty's, roberto coin key)

my powerful pieces are ones that were expensive and were to me from me:
St Onge pendant
Dbty platinum 3 diamond bracelet

Pretty pieces:
purple sapphire ring
RG Tiffany oval key necklace
diamond studs

I agree that larger rings and layered necklaces add sexiness to an outfit.

I don't know about sexiness but I feel just "better" about myself and when I forget to put on jewelry I feel utterly naked! I can't explain it but something just doesn't feel right!

I think a lot of sexy is A) How you carry yourself and B) How you feel in your overall look.

I will say that a lot of sexy for me is the overall look. When I'm wearing a cocktail dress and have on show off pieces of jewelry I feel sexy.

When I'm wearing a business suit (like I did every day for 7 years) and I'm just wearing simple studs and nothing flashy, I feel more...polished.

And now that I work for myself and can run around in yoga pants and a sweatshirt every day, I have to say the sexy has been toned down a bit! :P I still wear my everyday jewelry, diamonds studs, ering, diamond cross, etc, etc, but I definitely don't feel sexy in yoga pants!

Yoga pants are definitely SEXY!!!! - and comfy too!! I wear mine with a fitted/dressy top & cashmere wrap or cardigan (in winter) or a long flowing blouse or tunic in summer! w/ my jewels!!!!

Yoga pants are definitely SEXY!!!! - and comfy too!! I wear mine with a fitted/dressy top & cashmere wrap or cardigan (in winter) or a long flowing blouse or tunic in summer! w/ my jewels!!!!

I do too! I dress mine up, I love the new drapey cardigan wraps that are so popular now, but most of the time I'm just wearing a ratty old sweatshirt from my college days!! :P

Victoria's Secret has AMAZING yoga pants! I think I own every pair they've ever come up with!!

Interesting thread!

Ironically, I think chunky necklaces make me feel sexy - not entirely sure that's the right adjective, though. Delicate jewelry makes me feel... pretty and well, delicate.

Also, necklaces that fall at just the right length are sexy! ;)