Does it stay or does it go now!!!

Dec 27, 2007
Hi
I have a black envelope clutch with rose gold giant hardware from 2011
Used once!!! Trying to sort out my bags and sell the ones I don't use (and there are many)!!!
Is my clutch outdated? I think I've not used it other than once because I don't think I'm a clutch person but then I start daydreaming about some swanky event that I might go to and it may be the bag that I would pick up to wear?
So I take it out of the wardrobe to sell....then I put it back in the wardrobe!!! How could I sell this lovely unused clutch???
It cost me loads back then and I bet I'd get little for it now? What do you all think?

Yes, clutches can be casual. I don't normally carry clutches but I have a couple larger ones that hold most of what I usually carry. When I carry them, I feel so sophisticated.

they totally can!
i don't have envelopes, but i have a Valentine's Day BO, and 3 more recent models which now i can't imagine my collection without!
they can do the job from early morning with jeans and sneakers till late evening with a cocktail dress and heels!
Use it!! :yes:

they totally can!
i don't have envelopes, but i have a Valentine's Day BO, and 3 more recent models which now i can't imagine my collection without!
they can do the job from early morning with jeans and sneakers till late evening with a cocktail dress and heels!
Use it!! :yes:
I can more imagine the large flat clutch with wrist handle being used casually...I suppose with me it’s the no handle/strap that makes me think I’d find it hard to use

I can more imagine the large flat clutch with wrist handle being used casually...I suppose with me it’s the no handle/strap that makes me think I’d find it hard to use
none of mine has the wristlet, i carry them by hand

Attachments

• IMG_20190108_1824222~2.jpg
    IMG_20190108_1824222~2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20190105_1550090~2.jpg
    IMG_20190105_1550090~2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 339
Hi
I have a black envelope clutch with rose gold giant hardware from 2011
Used once!!! Trying to sort out my bags and sell the ones I don't use (and there are many)!!!
Is my clutch outdated? I think I've not used it other than once because I don't think I'm a clutch person but then I start daydreaming about some swanky event that I might go to and it may be the bag that I would pick up to wear?
So I take it out of the wardrobe to sell....then I put it back in the wardrobe!!! How could I sell this lovely unused clutch???
It cost me loads back then and I bet I'd get little for it now? What do you all think?
The comments all point to you keeping it...you're correct regarding price, the market for pre-loved Bals is way down price-wise, so unless you're very lucky you'll probably lose on it, especially if, as you said, you paid a hefty price for it originally.

I carry my Balenciaga clutches (old and new) all the time too. In fact, the only Bal bags that I keep from the Ghesquiere moto line are the clutches.

If you don't use it, the sensible thing to do is to get rid of it. But I would encourage you to think twice on this one. The resale value is not great and a clutch takes no space. Plus they are so versatile. So dare to experiment before you conclude you really are not a clutch person. Next time you go out take it with you. It doesn't need to be a fancy event, just a diner, a drink with friends, a birthday party, whatever it is. Force yourself to do this a few times and see how you feel.
Another tip, just throw the clutch in your bigger bag with your essentials in it. Then, depending on your daily activities, pick it up to go for lunch with a colleague, or to a meeting, or to pop to a shop or the hairdressers... so much less cumbersome than dragging a big bag around when you don't need all the stuff inside.

Reactions: gettinpurseonal