Does it really cost USD75 to ship a louis vuitton alma bag to Singapore from Canada

inlovewithvuitt

My little devil
O.G.
Mar 14, 2007
Well, I was looking through an ebay listing and saw an alma. Was kind of interested in it but the shipping was indicated as USD75. Does it really cost that much to ship to Singapore from Canada?

That's ridiculous and shady. I can't believe that ebay is allowing the seller to charge that much. I put $4.50 S&H for an 11x17 print to be shipped in my store (which it costs me $8, technically because of the size) and ebay contacted me and said I was charging too much. WTF??? Are you kidding me? Ugh.

So it surprises me that this seller was able to get away with such an outrageous shipping charge.

I refuse to pay that kind of money for shipping, I would just look elsewhere on ebay. There are plenty of LV Alma's out there.

Looks like this seller is trying to use shipping charge to cover her eBay fees. Buyers can report excessive shipping charges, and sellers' listings could be pulled for that.

Or she could be using UPS. UPS and FedEX fees are pretty high! To ship from US to UK would cost approximately $120 via UPS! That's because they only have 2 day service for international. Ask her to ship via her Canadian Post Office, should be cheaper!

It can cost $75 or MORE to ship a bag overseas.

I shipped a small Chanel purse to Australia via Xpresspost which takes about 5-6 working days (I find expediated quite slow for the price) and it cost nearly $80 with tax. I usually share the cost, but Im a firm believer to have certain packages arrive quickly and securely then have my buyer complain. Unfortunately, postage in Canada is expensive.

Just the other day, a regular airmail to the next province cost me $10 and the item was 11" x 7.5". If I had shipped it to the states, it would be $6.

I sent off a belt to a buyer in Australia, and it cost me $56 CDN. This was the cheapest price for a shipping method with TRACKING. No signature option, either, and it was a very small box (belt was rolled up). So it's possible that if the seller uses a larger box for the alma bag, and chooses a more expensive shipping option (instead of 4-7 days, 1-2 days) that the costs could go up.

On my ebay auctions, I pretty much HAVE to charge $49.99 shipping expenses for international, and then still be out the $5-7 extra when it comes to actual postage costs. I refuse to do the regular airmail parcels anymore because there isn't any tracking, and it can take up to 2 months before my buyer receives it. One shoe buyer from Germany waited over 2 months before the parcel arrived

That's ridiculous and shady. I can't believe that ebay is allowing the seller to charge that much. I put $4.50 S&H for an 11x17 print to be shipped in my store (which it costs me $8, technically because of the size) and ebay contacted me and said I was charging too much. WTF??? Are you kidding me? Ugh.

So it surprises me that this seller was able to get away with such an outrageous shipping charge.

I refuse to pay that kind of money for shipping, I would just look elsewhere on ebay. There are plenty of LV Alma's out there.

I checked on Canadian Post website, to send that bag to the U.S. from Canada would be approx $43 fully insured, tracked, with 5-day delivery. I can totally see it costing $75 depending on the method.

Here is what I found for Singapore:

You were looking for a rate:

From To Length Width Height Weight Coverage ????? SG 14.00 cm 12.00 cm 6.00 cm 5.0 lb $900.00 We Found:

Purolator International (3 to 4 business days)Base Price$106.21Delivery confirmationIncludedSignature optionIncludedFuel surcharge$13.01Coverage$9.60Total$128.82
International Parcel Surface (See Canada Postal Guide)Base Price$38.10Fuel surcharge$4.67Coverage$9.60Total$52.37

In order to see if shipping is reasonable I highly reccommend going to their post office and calculating. Just because it is high doesn't necessarily mean it is unreasonable.

Yes,shipping charges in Canada is expensive. I bought a bag from Canada (to Aus)and the shipping was $70+ (with tracking) I cannot remember exactly how much. (this was last year and I remember since shipping in Aus is also very expensive and I cannot believe there's a country which charges more:nuts:)

It can cost $75 or MORE to ship a bag overseas.

I shipped a small Chanel purse to Australia via Xpresspost which takes about 5-6 working days (I find expediated quite slow for the price) and it cost nearly $80 with tax. I usually share the cost, but Im a firm believer to have certain packages arrive quickly and securely then have my buyer complain. Unfortunately, postage in Canada is expensive.

Just the other day, a regular airmail to the next province cost me $10 and the item was 11" x 7.5". If I had shipped it to the states, it would be $6.

That's Australia. Whenever I ship to Australia, it's insane. But whenever I ship to Canada, it isn't bad at all, and that's from the U.S. to Canada. Now Singapore...that could be a whole different ball game. :shrugs:

Yep.. Canadians, our postal system (and courier services) suck !

OK Ayla, I have to ask. That hamster in your avatar, is it yours? He/she is adorable!!! My daughter has a hamster and he is the cutest thing!!! I love how they shove food in their mouthes and save it. Looks like that hamster is doing the same thing with the carrot.

Too cute. Sorry to be off topic.