Does It Matter?!?!?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi
    I'm new to this board - so forgive me if this question has been asked before.

Does it matter where the purse was made to you?

I think for me it does. :shame: My preference, that I want a purse made in France. Is this crazy for preferring where a purse is made??!?!?

2. if you do a search for this topic, you can see that a lot of people really really care do about this! :yes: You're not crazy at all! :lol: Personally, it never occurred to me to look at where it's from but so far all of my bags are from France and Spain with just one from USA so I guess I'm lucky???

3. I don't really care. As chance would have it, I only have a pochette that's made in the USA. It's nice if the piece I've picked out happens to be French or Spanish made but I wouldn't return it just because it wasn't.

4. Yeah it's been discussed a lot but I personally don't care. Any location it was made, it's still LV and that's all that matters.

5. i don't care. it's nice to have it made in France, but then again, it's still LV, regardless of where it was made

6. I dunno why... but seeing the "CA" in a date code makes me happy. So I'm guessing I like anything that's made in Spain, but I really don't care where it's made as well. It's real and that's all that matters. ;)

7. Heehee! I agree actually! Seeing the CA in made in Spain makes me feel like my piece is special. I want one that's made in Italy too one day!

8. I never even looked, don't even know or care where my bags are from as long as I was in the LVboutique when purchased.

9. Doesn't matter to me.

10. I really don't understand date codes. Can someone help me with more info, and where I can learn about date codes. I'm not familiar, as I only got a new LV purse last week. I love Spain, it's a place that I've dreamed of travelling to - and to Paris. I live in Canada, and I want to go to New York. These places seem like fun places. I never ever wanted to buy a fake. It would be cheating myself from the authentic real deal. And my heart might change about only being made in France. In time...I'm sure. =) maybe =) It will depend on when I'm in a LV store - and the purse just has to come home with me lol.

11. I've always preferred the U.S. bags, and after seeing the crappy stitching on a bunch of French bags at the store, I'll actively try to find them if the one I want is made here.

12. I have absolutely no preference. My first LV was made in France, though. It doesn't make it any more special than my other bags.

13. I don't really think it matters.. I only started noticing the 'made in etc' when someone posted a thread on this.. then I ran and checked all my bags!! So far I've only 1 in the USA, 1 in Spain and the others are from France. I wouldn't really think that it would matter, it's definately a matter of preference, but I've read other posts where the workmanship on the USA bags weren't as good?? I've yet to see that anyway, but I would say that when you purchase the item, just check it out to make sure all the seams and zippers are to your standards. I would love to have 1 from Italy, just to have.. LOL!!

14. It doesn't really matter to me. I'd prefer made in France but they're all made up to LV standards. I have 2 from France and one USA and love them all equally. :flowers:

15. i agree, it doesnt matter:smile: most of my bags are from elux, (mostly made in usa..) but then again, i dont give a d:censor: heheh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice