Does it freak you out when someone touches your bag?

LVGLITTER

Apr 21, 2009
This has happened a few times while I have been out shopping. People get excited when they see my bag then come up and touch her. Some actually grope.

I try not to show how I feel on my face but it really makes me uncomfortable for her to be touched. I appreciate the kind comments and will chat about the bag, the designer, and the style but just don't like strangers touching. It's almost how I felt when my kids were babies and strangers would want to touch them....seems odd or am I odd? LOL.

I am really protective of my Galliera. Probably because I had to go through so much to get her fixed due to those rings. She still looks new now with everything fixed so I worry when people touch her.

I don't like it when people touch any of my things! One of my friends picked up my LV wallet once though and dropped it. :shocked: No damage done, but - just stay away from my LV altogether and we'll get on fine! :lol:

Ok, so it's not just me. Good. Whew.

Once I set my bag on a counter in a small boutique and I was standing right next to it with my hand on it. Then a man came up, grabbed it away and started feeling it. I said with a look of shock, "uhhhh excuse me...that's my purse." He just looked at me like, SO WHAT...and put it back and walked away. I stood there with my jaw on the floor and felt...violated.

I looked at my friend and said, "is it me or was that really rude?" She said (really loud); "No it wasn't you and yes he WAS RUDE!" I was mortified times 2...but he kinda had it coming.

You would think he'd say or sorry or something. But you could tell he was on of those guys who thinks he owns the world.

Last edited:
Eeesh! I know how you feel just today I was getting a Manicure and had my bag on the empty seat next to me then came in another customer and went to sit down and grabbed it and went to move it and this is my new speedy azur and
I let out the biggest yell NOOO don't touch it! Then I almost spilled the water bowl and jumped and grabbed my towel and moved it my self. Of course I said sorry but the embarrassment was worth saving the new vachetta

Well I can honestly say no one has come up and grabbed or touched one of my LV's yet, except my BFF and she was careful. And I did not mind her touching it but if some stranger were to do it I may get a little annoyed and irritated by it.

Yeah I think it is weird when people come up to a person to touch them period. I've seen people go up to absolute strangers and stroke their hair saying, "oh your hair is pretty!"

Uhm, OK, her hair may be a pretty texture or whatever, but how the heck can you touch it not even knowing what's in it? :shocked:

Or when people want to touch a woman's pregnant belly, another woman's children, and of course, another person's beautiful bag.

All the same. If someone were to approach me to touch anything on them, I'd touch them back a little harder and in a not so pleasant way

I bought my black multicolor speedy to work on black friday and my co-worker/boss told me I couldnt leave it on top of a shelf considering It wont fit in a locker(i work at forever 21). She then proceeded to stuff and ball up my fairly new speedy(dec 09) in a locker, and slammed it shut. I nearly stuffed her in a locker.

I posted a thread similar to this on the Chanel forum last year when my friend/neighbor grabbed my new-to-me red lambskin tote and jammed it in her face to smell it before I could stop her!! She left a huge grease spot on the front of the bag from her nose:cursing:
I was soooo ticked off....I was powdering that bag and rubbing it with Q-tips forever to try to sop up some of that grease.....

I hate when people touch any of my stuff. My kids know not to even think of touching the handles of my bags if we're out to lunch or anything - with their greasy fingers.