Does it bug you when a bag is Made in USA?

I just picked up a V Tote BB that I ordered, and was disappointed that it was made in USA. Am I just being too picky or is it a legitimate reason to return a purse? I feel like for this amount of money, I want something that is at least made in Europe, and I don't care if it's France, Spain or Italy. I was told that canvas bags are almost always made in USA now, so I may not even be able to exchange for another one that is made in Europe. Thoughts?
If it bothers you then it Bothers you, probably should exchange one made in France otherwise it will always bug you.

Reactions: br3wx
It bugs me for a second. But I wouldn’t put an ounce of effort into exchanging or replacing it. The reason it even bugs me for that isecond is because I am American and it sorta sucks the dream/fantasy whatever out it it for me. Especially when I see it was made in Texas. This is the basic location where they built the factory in Texas. And then this is where I imagine my bags are made when the come from France. :biggrin:

No, I don’t get bothered if I got something made in the US. You should be happy to able to obtain something you wanted though. Perhaps next time look through the bags to avoid made in the US if it bothers you. But that might be hard with some of their popular items.

It bugs me for a second. But I wouldn’t put an ounce of effort into exchanging or replacing it. The reason it even bugs me for that isecond is because I am American and it sorta sucks the dream/fantasy whatever out it it for me. Especially when I see it was made in Texas. This is the basic location where they built the factory in Texas. And then this is where I imagine my bags are made when the come from France. :biggrin:
To be fair, their factories out in France are also found in very rural parts of the country! lol

Reactions: fabuleux and 1LV
It’s not really a matter of preferences but more like matter of expectation. I think it makes sense that you would want MIF but you should probably just change your expectations or go for brands that only make their items in Europe in the future. LV is probably not for you if it does bug you.

It does not bother me, I picked up a V-Tote BB 2 weeks ago. I did a once over to make sure I was happy with the embossing, glazing, and I made sure the zipper ran smooth and everything was to my liking. I do not even know where or when my bag was made ;).
I think when I first started my LV collection I was caught up in the “made in” but that quickly changed for me.

View attachment 4541652

County Road 316 outside KEENE Texas where factory was built.

Where my bags from France come from. :biggrin:
That place is kind of a museum/ heritage expo even if some items are made there, not a representation of most of the LVMH bag/apparel factories which are often in modern facilities. And that is probably better for the working conditions too. It's easy to find videos from the different locations in, off the top of my head, France, Italy, Spain and Romania and probably many more. There's also recent documentary on some of tanneries of the the LVMH subcontractors in Florence on Arte too if you're interested. Then there are subcontractors in rural France.

To answer the original question, I totally understand why people prefer made in France. Most of the appeal of Vuitton and what yoh pay for is connected to the brand image , and the French heritage is a part of that. For me it doesn't really matter though.

Dior bags, which is part of the LVMH Group, make the bags in Italy. And I have to say I absolutely LOVE the Italian craftsmanship compared to French (no offense). I would only be bothered if I had a "Made in USA" one and I was purchasing in Europe, which wouldn't happen anyway

Doesn't bother me one bit. I live in Australia so all my pieces are made in Europe; I think all France and one Spain. All except my Neverfull which is MIU, because I bought it in USA. So I actually like that about it, reminds me even more of my trip there :smile: I do admit my heart flutters a little when I see what I've bought is MIF but I don't even check until I get home and certainly wouldn't return an item due to where the piece is made.

Reactions: chantalrose