Does it bug you when a bag is Made in USA?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just picked up a V Tote BB that I ordered, and was disappointed that it was made in USA. Am I just being too picky or is it a legitimate reason to return a purse? I feel like for this amount of money, I want something that is at least made in Europe, and I don't care if it's France, Spain or Italy. I was told that canvas bags are almost always made in USA now, so I may not even be able to exchange for another one that is made in Europe. Thoughts?

2. Since I lived in Europe until this week, all I bought was made in France. That said, I don’t think it would bother me at all if something I bought was made in the US. I do care that items are made by artisans and real LV workers, but that’s about it. Same canvas, if I ship it to Spain or Texas quality won’t be different, and there are just as amazing leather workers in the US as in Europe.

Now, if I was in store and got to pick, I have to admit I’d go for MIF, because France *is* where I think of when I think of LV. Not that I’ve bought a Coach purse (yet at least) but in that scenario I’d prefer a made in US one - there’s something special about point of origin matching the brand. Quality-wise, though? No, where an LV item is made (US/Europe) wouldn’t bother me.

As to whether it’s a good enough reason to return: these are luxury purchases. It’s already an indulgence. If it doesn’t make your heart sing, what’s the point? 100% good enough reason to return if it bothers you, whether it’s “justified” or not.

IntheOcean, 2sweet4u and BrodyAlice like this.
  3. I am a French citizen living in the USA (so I am not biased against either people!). I own LV bags made in France, made in Italy, and made in the USA. I see zero quality difference. I am glad LVMH makes products in Europe and in America. Good paying jobs for everybody!

4. To me a bag is a bag. If I like a bag, I buy it. It doesn’t matter to me where it was made. I hardly ever look. As long as it fulfills my need, I’m happy.

luvprada, MooMooVT, Tige and 18 others like this.
  5. No.

Cate14 and snibor like this.
  6. No.

7. No.

8. I have to be honest. I am very disappointed that you would be disappointed it’s made in USA. USA ALL THE WAY

jade, itsmree, luvprada and 13 others like this.
  9. If it was a legitimate reason why would LV even make bags in the US..? No, it is not a legitimate reason.

10. I love the us- I love made in us products. When it comes to LV I prefer my items made in france- it's just a preference I have for this brand. All my LV bags are made france and one is made in Spain. But if I had a bag made in us- it was 'perfect' I would keep it.

MooMooVT, TXLVlove and LaDolceLaria like this.
  11. I, too, love Made in USA. Except when it comes to LV, haha. My Speedy is from San Diego, but it didn't diminish my love for it. I admit that now I tend to search for MIF for my SLGs. It is just psychological, I know.

12. :tup:

MooMooVT and handbagjunkie00 like this.
  13. I own a variety of LV bags and slg’s. The ones I currently own are made in France, the US and Spain. Since I know that LV bags are made in different countries, I don’t think that I would like them all to be made in just one.

MooMooVT likes this.
  14. Do you mean San Dimas?

15. Does not bother me at all.