Does Hermes offer spa treatment for their watch line too?

Jun 10, 2008
Does anyone know if Hermes NY offers "spa treatment" for their watches too? I bought a cape code diamond watch about 2 years ago and the diamonds & the croc band seem to be a bit dull these days. I am just wondering if I can bring it to any NY boutique for a quick clean or I will have to have it sent to Paris for cleaning. Any information would be greatly appreciated! :heart:

I think it depends on which H you go to. I once went to Madison Ave jewelry dept (second floor) because the croc strap on my watch was looking dull in one spot. Would not spa the watch strap. We tried to find a new strap for it but there was none that would fit.

So, the SA was very dismissive and told me to buy a brand new watch. :wtf:

i think it depends on which h you go to. I once went to madison ave jewelry dept (second floor) because the croc strap on my watch was looking dull in one spot. Would not spa the watch strap. We tried to find a new strap for it but there was none that would fit.

so, the sa was very dismissive and told me to buy a brand new watch. :wtf:

wtf?

so what did you do?

I had an old clock refurbished through The London shop. They send them to Switzerland for the mechanical spa. The leather cover was in good condition so they did not need to do anything but they would have sent it to Paris.

Seton that SA need to be drawn and quartered!!!

Hi there - I have a medium size H watch on pink ostrich (if only i had the matching birkin!) and the case is a scratched up mess. I was in Madison Ave a few weeks ago and the SA on the 2nd floor said that it would be about $75 to have the case polished and it would take a few weeks....My mom has it now, but when she is back in NYC I am going to drop it off.

Oh thank you baglady1973, this info. is very helpful. I stopped by the wall street boutique and they said they didn't offer such polishing/cleaning service there. Let me try the Madison store. Thanks again for everyone who helped me here!! You guys rock~~ :urock:

I left in humiliation, of course :smile:
Sorry for the bad experience, Seton. SA should have measured the lugs of your H watch and recommended replacing the strap or ordering a new if the current one is worn out. If the croc scales are just looking dull, probably it just needs some conditioningor buffing. You could try using a light touch of beeswax and buff it with a soft cloth to shine. I found a bottle of leather lotion for exotic leather made by Cole-Haan and applied a light dab on the scales using a cotton ball. After it dried and turned into a haze, I gently polished it with a soft cotton cloth and shoe brush with soft bristles by John Lobb. The croc surface of the watch strap looks shinnier and conditioned too. I do this to my other croc watch straps and leather goods to keep the leather from drying and becoming brittle over time.

This is why I am would discourage people from buying Hermes watches. They are not what I would call a real watchmaker and their SA's therefore do not accord the watches much respect. Rather, they are more of a "fashion" purchase and therefore somewhat disposable.

Can you imagine what it would do to Rolex's reputation if their SA's suggested buying a new watch once your rolex starting running a little slow or because the bracelet was a little worn.

Good point, MattNY. I thought about it too before getting that cape cod diamond watch..but I gave in at the end because of its timeless style. You are absolutely right. It is more of a "fashion" purchase...I should stay with my real watchmakers from now on for that price range~ :noggin:

This is why I am would discourage people from buying Hermes watches. They are not what I would call a real watchmaker and their SA's therefore do not accord the watches much respect. Rather, they are more of a "fashion" purchase and therefore somewhat disposable.

I agree. I havent bought a H Watch since.

Jaeger, I eventually polished the strap myself and it looks much better.