Does Hermes not do snake skin?

mave

Aug 2, 2009
Hi

i just realised that i have never seen/heard of the above for birkins or kellys.

But then i am a noob...

so correct me if i am wrong.. but i am getting the impression that Hermes doesn't do this reptile..

Thanks!

I was wondering about that for a while now too, because Snake is the only exotic I like. I never saw a piece or even a picture. I'd love to have a snake bracelet or wallet.

I saw python bags for the new spring/summer 2010 collection ( For example a large lightcolored Kelly). I believe they haven't done it before because snakeskin is rather 'difficult' to maintain (because of the scales that can start to lift after handling)?

I've wondered this too! I have a beautiful Anya Hindmarch agenda in python, and I love the feel and appearance of it... but I don't think I've ever seen an H piece in snake of any description :shrugs: ETA, just took a snap of my agenda and realised it's getting old and raggedy... I need a new one! :lol:

Attachments

• 1photo.jpg
    1photo.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 842
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:
oranschlange8.jpg

hmm.. so they only do for small surface areas? :P

no i have seen larger bags in snake but honestly they look crappy and fake. snake is really looks best on small items. i have seen only a hand full of snake bags that actually looked decent, and only one that i thought looked GOOD and that was an LV ...

I've seen both python and karung/some kind of watersnake, in the vitrines of FSH, but never seen any for sale. I guess you can SO snakeskin, or actually, I've never doubted you can SO snakeskin. With Hermès so much is possible.