Does height really matter?? Help!!!!

Katy@30

Feb 26, 2014
Hello everyone, i just wanted to share one thing that i am really insecure about...i.e. my height.. now before you start thinking that i am too short...i am not.. i am 5' foot 3 inches.. i know you all would say it is a good height and you can easily go on and wear heels as high as you want. But frankly speaking it does pinch me somewhere inside that i am of an average height..

One reason for that is that i always wanted to be a part of fashion industry particularly in the front as a model or to take part in beauty pageants which i cannot because of my height.

This thing really brings down my confidence and i start feeling less about myself..

I need you help, i need you personal experiences and how should i mold this feeling into something positive??? :cry::cry::cry:

I can't relate, I'm about 5'9, and although I love my height, I noticed most of the shoes these days have high heels, wedges, platforms, stilettos…I can't wear them, so maybe a great pair of shoes will boost your height and your confidence level!

I can't relate, I'm about 5'9, and although I love my height, I noticed most of the shoes these days have high heels, wedges, platforms, stilettos…I can't wear them, so maybe a great pair of shoes will boost your height and your confidence level!
Yes, actually that is the only thing which makes me feel good about it!
I so wish i had a height as you have :shucks::shucks:

I'm petite too and it's who I am. I don't wish for anything else. I'm 5'2" and although I envy tall girls for obvious reasons I wouldn't change. My DH loves small girls and I wouldn't have him or the kids I have today if I were tall. I'd have a different life.

I'm 5"2 but it doesn't bother me but I get you, we all have our own different insecurities :smile:

My advice to you is to play up to your strengths. Find that talent that is uniquely and naturally in you - not necessarily a creative talent in the arts but it could be a talent of the mind (i.e. logical people succeed as I.T./software engineers, caring & nurturing people as nurses, teaching aptitude for teachers etc.). We all want to succeed and be happy and knowing your own strengths and weaknesses, finding your niche, discovering your role/purpose and applying that to the real & practical world gets you to the right track. I have a talent in homemaking (cooking, running & managing the household so I am one happy house wife). But if modeling is truly your passion - you can still explore print, catalog, commercials and TV, given your height :biggrin:

Darling, everyone has something they don't like about themselves. When you're young, it can seem like the bane of your existence, but as Swanky points out, no one knows what life has planned for them. I'm 5'2 and sure, it would be nice to be taller in some circumstances, but others (international plane travel, hello!) where I am really grateful to be smaller.

You can still pursue an involvement in the fashion industry without necessarily being a model - modelling is a short-term career generally (I'm not talking Amber Valetta or Stephanie Seymour here but most cases) so even if you WERE a 5'10 glamazon, you'd have to deal with a change in your career prospects at some point. Think about other options within the industry that aren't predicated on your physical attributes.

Best of luck!

I'm 5'10 1/2" in my bare feet, I would give anything to lose several inches! Wearing heels at this height makes me so self conscious I gave up trying. Consider yourself lucky! The grass is always greener. :smile:

Ha! You think you're insecure now...then be glad you're not in the fashion industry.

Bottom line, you're too short to do runway. Not much you can do about that aside from accepting it and realizing that your height doesn't make you who you are. I mean, I wish I was a genius so I could create a product that billions of people would use, but I doubt that's what gonna happen. I just have to accept that I don't have the IQ of Steve Jobs or Elon Musk and move on with my life trying to do the best that I can.
If you want to get into fashion, there's promo work, print work, etc, etc. It's not only runway.

I am 4' 11 and love my height... I think its nice when a woman is petite... Friends of mine though , who are tall ladies wish they were petite...!!
You cannot make yourself taller ... So why worry...!
Start thinking about something else you would love to do, which is not dependant on your height...

Thank you all so much for your responses. It really helped me in handling this insecurity more logically.

Basically there are some people around me ( specially those nasty relatives, who are clearly jealous of who you are, why you look pretty, why you score so good in studies as well as such a good performer at your workplace, they pinpoint it out purposely in order to make fun of me somehow)

But now i have understood this thing that they pin point it to me to make me lose confident, to make me feel insecure and to drag me down and by thinking all this they are actually getting success in such attempts.

Thank you guys so much and i love hearing from all of you guys and this all really boosted me very positively.:hbeat::hugs::love:

If the only negative thing they can find is your height. . . YOU WIN!!! :ghi5:

Seriously, beauty comes in ALL sizes, how cute is Kristen Chenowith, Kourtney Kardashian, Reese Witherspoon, Eva Longoria, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Hayden Panettiere, etc. . . ?
You're in good company :tup: