Does heat stamping take away value?

1. I'm about to have my 2nd lv item heat stamped. Do you think this takes away a lot of value from the piece? Just wondering...I plan on keeping these items forever, agenda and wallet, I don't want to have any of my handbags stamped, just these small personal items. Whaddaya think?

2. I guess it would detract from the resale value but since you are keeping them I think it adds personal value. I love heat stamping and want to get my Speedy stamped. :flowers:

3. I've wondered this too. I think if you are going to keep them then why not? If I were interested in a bag and it was heat stamped with someone else's initals I would probably pass.

4. Most definitely if you plan to ever resell it- however, for luggage pieces, the MC Noe, and some Antigua bags the leather address tags make a great, removable place to put a heatstamp and are easily replaceable.

5. I think if you were planning on selling it, it would be hard unless someone had the same initials. But since you are keeping it, it is a very nice touch.

6. :yes:
    i agree. if you intend to keep it, by all means, have it stamped:flowers:

7. I agree - having the item heat stamped will reduce the resell value, but since you don't care since you want to keep them, I'd do it! Have you taken a look at the "heatstamp club" in the lv clubhouse?! A lot of those heatstamps look SO nice!!!

8. If you're planning on keeping it, I think it adds to the value. I have my agenda stamped and am really glad I had it done. :heart:

9. how much does it cost to have it heat stamped?

10. For resale yes.. but the sentimental value is worth it ! :yes:

11. its free LvGirrly :heart:

12. ITA!

13. I definitely think it's worth it, especially on smaller items. Most small accessories aren't worth reselling anyway. I don't think I'd ever want to sell my bags (although I'm a boy so styles don't change as often) but I would think that if it was a super big deal, the price it costs to have Louis Vuitton replace the leather might be a good investment versus the loss of resell value. A rare bag with perfect leather would fetch quite a bit more than a super-used one, I would suspect. :smile:

14. Agreed. :jammin:

15. I never thought of it that way. You're so smart!!:king:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice