Does having a Birkin = having style?

well yesterday at my daughters school function ,there was a mom who was dressed really well but her 35 or 40 birkin made her look sloppy because the bag looked like she was shopping for food. It sort of clashed with her look --only a person who know hermes can tell the bag ,but otherwise it looked out of place

lol - yes, many times. even Shopmom can attest that one lovely vision actually jolted me awake during my morning commute one morning.

i'm not really sure why but sometimes women mistakenly assume that being a slob and carrying an expensive purse means that they're cream of the crop.

and btw, you do not need a birkin to have style. you just need to look put together, that's all. regardless of whatever your handbag choice may be.

Speaking of "style"... I saw a woman on the crosstown bus yesterday, gorgeous chocolate Birkin, perfectly coiffed hair, stylish tailored coat... vigorously picking her teeth with a perfectly manicured nail! :yucky:

Well...no. imho. Many are lucky and have that knack of putting a 'look' together easily. I do not - it takes me forever ! I'm basically a jeans & jacket girl.

Maybe while I'm in NYC in April, I can find some style assistance ?? :yes: :yes: :yes:

HL, I don't believe this for a moment!! Every time I have seen you, you were pulled together and gorgeous. You always look wonderful!

My opinion is that literally, having a Birkin means that you have resources to spend on a beautifully made bag, and you have enough good connections to procure one.

Aside from that--to have style--is a different issue. As others have posted, in my opinion, style is about knowing who you are, what looks good on you and dressing in a way that your outside is consistent with your inside and your lifestyle.

To purchase a purse just to have an "IT BAG," makes the wearer look like they've got an IT BAG. No matter what the purse is.

I hope that the people that have Birkins and love and wear them do so because it is the right bag (and size B) for their body type, and the way they use bags.

That goes a long way towards integrating into their personal style--because the bag matches what they do and what they need from a bag. Their Birkin's become integrated into who they are--that's style!