Does going to a special LV event "obligate" you to purchase LV at the event?

Are you "obligated" to buy new LV when attending a special LV event?

• No - don't be silly

• Yes - if you don't then that would be lame

Results are only viewable after voting.

haven

Jul 4, 2008
I just wanted to know what everyone's opininion was.

I have been invited to a Buzz Aldrin event at LV in SCP. This event has already happened at different locations in the US - several posters have already posted pics & stories. I do plan on buying several copies of his book & have them autographed, but I really wasn't planning on purchasing any new LV at the event. I was wondering how big of a faux pas that would be.

I know that I am not officially obligated to buy anything, but would it be lame to go to an LV event & walk away with no new LV?

BTW I am wondering what people think about doing this at LV events in general and not just the Buzz Aldrin events.

I don't think it would be lame at all if you bought nothing - no LV & no Buzz Aldrin items as a regular customer or new customer. If so, the invite would say "purchase required". SAs invite their regular customers to these events as well as a few new customers or some they have not seen in a while. There is a marketing strategy to it all although I can't tell you what it is. Go have fun, get your non-LV items and come back to tell us all about it. You have purchased plenty of LV anyway, so you shouldn't worry about this ms. haven!

I don't think it would be lame. The reason you get invited is the mere fact that you have already made purchases. Don't worry if you don't buy anything, no one will judge you. :amuse:

Thanks! Your comments are making me feel better. I really want to go to this event to meet Mr. Aldrin & not for the LV. This is the first LV event that DH wants to go to as well. We are both big space & history nuts!

I will if they let me take pics inside the LV store. I wonder if pics will be allowed since they are so picky about customers taking pics inside the boutiques. I may have to take some spy pics. :sneaky:

I went to a Stephen Sprouse Event and they let me take pictures. The SA at the store did show me some of the Sprouse items, and was trying to get me to buy the Pink Graffiti NF. But I was not a fan of the NF and didn't buy one. Don't worry, you don't have to buy anything to attend an event.

I've been to several LV events -- sometimes I buy something, sometimes not. You are invited because you have already made purchases, so no need to buy anything at the event unless you really want somthing.