Does everyone have a "Emma" in their office?!.

Our Emma's name is Jennifer but we just call her "the R" because ever since she took over the clinical coordinator job she's taken to signing memos etc with just an "R", which is her last initial. She is completely useless. Everyone and I mean everyone--with the exception of our manager of course who thinks she sh*ts pure gold--hates her. The only good thing about her being the clinical coordinator is that it removes her from direct patient care, where she was a menace if not downright lethal to patients because she completely lacks even the most basic nursing skills, has no critical thinking ability, and is unable to relate to others in anything approaching a compassionate manner.

Wow, this turned into a bit of a rant!

My name is Emma. This thread is blatantly emma-ist.
EMMAs of the world unite! Rise up against this discrimination!

Ok enough silliness.
The original Emma is either sleeping with the boss or with the boss's boss. It sucks but it is a no-win situation. Maintain your dignity but find a way to get out.
Or put superglue on her keyboard!

^ROFL

I work with an Emma as well, at least I think I did, until I started to re-evaluate our positions. She does have strengths in the workplace that I had to focus on, esp in areas where I have some weaknesses. I have to keep reminding myself that and now I think we are equal in our workload.

^ROFL.

I wish I am the Emma, and wouldn life be easier when you just have to work 35 % while you get the same benefit proportion with others, LOL

But, I guess I'm not that luck

There is an Emma at my place, yes, but I guess bosses keep her for the sake of humanity only (they just dont really like the idea of getting rid off people). But she definitely dont have the same benefit with others, and she also never complain about that.

sigh i so feel for all of you ... i've worked with my fair share of Emmas and all i've found out is that life is not fair. they continue or get promoted even though i'm working twice and much and not screwing things up but somehow the bosses just for some reason don't get it or choose to over look it. don't ask me. it drives me NUTS!!!!

my emma's name is Downie. it's been a year, and i think the managers are finally starting to see what the rest of us that work with her on a daily basis have been complaining about.

she just doesn't do anything right. nothing. she's untrainable. and when she screws up, she lies about it and blames other people. she knows not to blame me because i'll call her on it. most of her other crap, she won't pull when i'm there because i think she's a little afraid of me.

and i'm about to be her boss in about a month.

she won't last long.

You're going to be a good boss!! :smile:)