Does every Gucci bag have a unique serial #?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I've just realized that the first line of the serial # corresponds to the model number. Now, what about the second line? What does it mean? Does every Gucci bag (even if it's the same color & style) have a unique #? Thanks!

2. i'm not sure but i don't think the 2nd line is unique. i've seen the same number in more than one bag. maybe it's more a 'data code'?

3. Just wondering how to read the serial numbers. The first line is model number? What is the second line?

4. I am not sure but my sister and I both have the same Gucci bag in different colours and they both have exactly the same numers, both top and bottom row

5. Were your bags purchased from a Gucci store, or department store? I know the top line is the style number, but I would have thought the bottom numbers would be different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice