does EPI ever become "soft"

I have a 1997 St. Jacques and a 2004 Alma and they are both still "not soft." But I think that's a characteristic of the leather and not necessarily a bad thing.

I have a 1997 St. Jacques and a 2004 Alma and they are both still "not soft." But I think that's a characteristic of the leather and not necessarily a bad thing.

Are you still loving your 2004 alma...such a classic bag...what colour do you have and is the epi alma a good LV to get? thanks

LVpug, my Black Epi Alma is from 1999...you would not know from looking at her. She is still just as pristine as when she left the boutique. Get one in black--classic and elegant. And, no, OP the Epi Leather is a firm leather--it does not soften, however it does "break-in".

Are you still loving your 2004 alma...such a classic bag...what colour do you have and is the epi alma a good LV to get? thanks

I love her sooo much. She's black with brass hardware so I can't get enough. I always get compliments and I bring her everywhere! I even brought her to a club once (table service). I'm an Epi Alma pusher, can you tell?

LVpug, my Black Epi Alma is from 1999...you would not know from looking at her. She is still just as pristine as when she left the boutique. Get one in black--classic and elegant. And, no, OP the Epi Leather is a firm leather--it does not soften, however it does "break-in".

Design do you get lots of use out of your epi alma in black??? I have the ivoire and love it but, have not used it for fear of getting her dirty...will use it come summer. I was considering a black one for everyday and worry free usage. I have the black mc aureilla but,it is too flashy for everyday and I have the neocabby mm which I love but, it is too casual to go day to evening...wish I would have thought about my purchases more because I now prefer classic less overt pieces...

I love her sooo much. She's black with brass hardware so I can't get enough. I always get compliments and I bring her everywhere! I even brought her to a club once (table service). I'm an Epi Alma pusher, can you tell?

It sounds like a great piece..ohhh the brass hardware is nice...I would be getting a 2008 edition so it would be silver...such a classic bag...glad to hear you have not gotten bored with it...