Does color transfer happen over time or over a few days? More Q's...

Alaska

Saved by grace
O.G.
Mar 19, 2007
Hey y'all- I just got a Hampton's Carryall from the Bay and it has white leather that has lavender transfer on all the leather attatched to the bag as well as on the zipper.

Could this have happened during the three days it's taken to come to me? Or does transfer happen over time? Does it come from the duster? Or does it come from the lavender patent and regular leather on the stripe down the middle?

Any answers will help- thanks in advance. :flowers:

These were taken very quickly- in actuality the transfer color is darker and on all leather places attatched to the actual bag.

march31003.jpg

march31002.jpg

march31005.jpg

march31006.jpg

Was the bag used or new? I don't see how the color could have transfered from the stripe in the middle, it's not possible! Was it wrapped in something when you got it?

I bet your buy bought this at TJ MAxx. I saw 5 of these at mine and they all had this problem. I think it is a problem that started at the factory. Does your creed have an x on it?

This seems to be happening on a lot of the signature bags with white leather. I was recently at my local outlet and they had about 10 studded soho signature/white flaps on clearance for 75% off retail. All of them had a slightly pink tint to the leather. On some it was barely noticeable, on others it was extremely pink. I asked the SA about it and she said that they have been having issues with a lot of their signature/white bags in many different styles. She said that for some reason, the leather starts to turn pink over time and could not explain why. I would contact the seller and try to return it. There is no way that it happened during transit time to you. If the buyer did not disclose, I would contact for a refund and if refused, I would file a SNAD.

Thanks ladies- you are all very helpful and encouraging.

It does have the X on it and it was bought from TJ's. That wasn't disclosed in the auction and neither was the transfer. The inside of this bag is brown so I'm guessing that is where it came from...right?

Been emailing this to the seller and it's taken a turn for the worst.... :oh: