Does Coated canvas hold up ?

I only have one coated canvas item (well aside from my LV stuff) and it has held up really well. It's actually thinner material than my LVs (it's MFF) but it's still very durable. It's an ID skinny that I use for the beach and the water park. So it's gotten chlorine water, sea water, sand on it. Still looks new.

I've been curious about this as well. I've never owned any coated canvas from Coach, but this season I was considering a waverly cosmetic bag. I was wondering if it breaks in or if it holds its shape.

I have the FP fuschia heritage stripe convertible hobo, zip around wallet, and large wristlet. Also, I have the MFF tattersall tote, file bag, and zippy wallet. They have all held up wonderfully, they look brand new. I have a very busy life with two active, sticky, small kids. I also live in an area with extremes of heat and cold. No peeling, discoloration, loss of shape, etc. I'm very glad to have these bags in my stable, they are great for all the times you want to focus on life vs. worrying about something spilling on your bag.

You know, all that Louis Vuitton monogram line is coated canvas. Its pretty sturdy.

It is not just the mono, the Damier prints and I think most of the limited prints are all coated canvas. I do think the price for it is nutty, but I did get sucked in somehow, and got myself a Neverfull, and not only is it incredibly sturdy, it is incredibly *light*, soooooo easy to pack with junk and carry. Also the straps are incredibly strong.

I guess the lightweight factor wouldn't make as much difference with a wallet, but it does with a bag. I have a coated canvas D&B but it is really stiff and kind of artificially shiny looking. The LV coated canvas is at least soft enoigh that people ask me if it is leather. Heck, maybe I should just start saying yes, it is hard to explain the whole coated canvas thing to non purse lovers.

My coated canvas heritage stripe tote (12358) is a few years old and nearly pristine!
Holds up VERY well, IMO
I don't change bags THAT often, so I put some miles on her and she's still lovely as ever.

Thinking of getting a Waverly wallet because I'm looking for a thin (skinny) wallet...I've never had coated canvas...does it hold up or does it peel ?

Yes coated canvas is extremely durable. I have several LV bags made with it that have lasted years (along with one Goyard). The fact that the finest French malletiers (i.e., LV and Goyard) have used this material since the 1800's is a good indication of its durability. Haven't owned any Coach coated canvas, but my bother does and he says it has been very durable as well. Enjoy!

My mom had a Coach heritage stripe tote in coated cotton. She carried that bag for two straight years. Every day. She would put used tissues, grandchildren's crayons, pens with no caps and other misc. garbage in her bag, then set the bag on the ground!

Believe it or not, after cleaning with baby wipes, the bag still looked new. She sold it for almost what she paid for it.

SophieChic said:
It is not just the mono, the Damier prints and I think most of the limited prints are all coated canvas. I do think the price for it is nutty, but I did get sucked in somehow, and got myself a Neverfull, and not only is it incredibly sturdy, it is incredibly *light*, soooooo easy to pack with junk and carry. Also the straps are incredibly strong.

I guess the lightweight factor wouldn't make as much difference with a wallet, but it does with a bag. I have a coated canvas D&B but it is really stiff and kind of artificially shiny looking. The LV coated canvas is at least soft enoigh that people ask me if it is leather. Heck, maybe I should just start saying yes, it is hard to explain the whole coated canvas thing to non purse lovers.

This is kind of off topic, but I was wondering how you are liking your Neverfull? Is the thinness of the straps uncomfortable? I'm thinking about getting one myself. I lost my Dad who i was extremely close to unexpectedly last year and since then, I have gained a little weight (emotional eating :/). I recently started dieting and exercising again and was thinking of striving toward it as kind of a "goal gift" if I get back down to my normal weight...prob kind of silly but since I love purses I thought it might be a good motivation for me.