Does Coach repair fobs?

JeninND

Certified Coachie
Nov 28, 2009
Anyone know? I cried this morning when my Turnlock Legacy Stripe valet fob broke. I tried to find a replacement on 'bay or bonz, but they are impossible to find. :sad:

The side that broke is the base, not the Stripe top side, so my other option is to purchase another turnlock round fob (SO many of them are oval!) and just switch out the base.

I am SO SAD! I received it as a Christmas gift from my mom, so I have no receipt, and I don't want to send it in for repair if they're just going to keep it and then send me a 40% off letter.

I'd buy a new one, swap out the plain/back piece.
Then return the newer one using the new top and broken bottom, with your receipt.
Basically, you're just swapping the plain backside piece out.

Anyone know? I cried this morning when my Turnlock Legacy Stripe valet fob broke. I tried to find a replacement on 'bay or bonz, but they are impossible to find. :sad:

The side that broke is the base, not the Stripe top side, so my other option is to purchase another turnlock round fob (SO many of them are oval!) and just switch out the base.

I am SO SAD! I received it as a Christmas gift from my mom, so I have no receipt, and I don't want to send it in for repair if they're just going to keep it and then send me a 40% off letter.
I think I would ask them to repair it... tho I will say this, I have seen quite a few fobs on 'da BAY and such that are "half" of the valet fob that you could get a replacement for. I actually use half a fob to switch stuff from key to key that needs to be with me at all times (medical alert fob, mini sharpie, paypal fob..).

I think I will keep searching on eBay for half a fob for a while. My conscience wouldn't be able to do what 90046 suggested. I'd rather just pay for a pave fob or something, and use my Legacy Stripe top.

I mean, I dropped my keys, it was my fault! Perhaps if I'd just found it broken in my purse, I would feel OK about doing this, but I did drop my keys. DH was not impressed, he thinks it wasn't made well enough. He says he drops his keys all the time, and all of his lock/unlock/autostart and valet fobs (NOT Coach, LOL) still work fine.

I've used a valet-type fob since I learned to drive, and I really don't want to go back to an ugly gas station one, LOL.