Does COACH not even claim their "Made for Factory" bags...

I have several of the 06 Legacy and Bleecker bags and none of them have Coach on any of the hardware. Most of the faux Carlys I see DO have Coach on the turnlocks though.

Well, the factory Legacy bags were made to be lower priced, lighter alternatives to the original Legacy bags. Personally, I think if you are comparing them to original Legacy or Lindsay, they will pale in comparison! Not dissing the outlet Legacy bags, they were made specifically for the reasons above, but most of us w/the original Legacy bags, or bags such as Lindsay, Lily, Gigi, etc, can really tell the difference, and not in a good way. As far as the zipper thing, that I know nothing about and never even noticed. If you are unhappy with it, just return it for a FP bag that is being sold at outlet prices.

Oh no, don't get me wrong - the bag is adorable, and while I can obviously tell the difference between it and my Lindsay, I'm just concerned about this one little difference. Just wondering why COACH strayed away from using YKK for the zippers on this bag. I wish it were as easy as just taking it back but while my eyes can see a difference in the two Legacy's my wallet can too and it trumps my :drool: for a FP Legacy bag.
Oh how I wish it weren't so...:P

No, the Coach bag does not necessarily have to have the YKK zipper. I have a swingpack that my mom bought from Macys that doesn't have the YKK zipper. I might have another bag that doesn't. I'd have to look. But like I said earlier, it doesn't necessarily have to have YKK.

OKAY - now we're getting somewhere:okay: - I'm off to trample those EBay guide writers - darn them!

I have 2 factory Soho bags and one pink Soho wristlet and they have the "Coach" stamp on the buckle. That was a particular line and I enjoyed seeing that "Coach" stamp. Unfortunately, their later boutique Soho flap bags are missing the "Coach" stamp. So, it's not necessarily a factory issue. Maybe it's just less attention to detail overall.

The Coach lozenge stamp is on the left-hand corner of the buckle.

Attachments

• Pink Soho Buckle Wristlet.jpg
    Pink Soho Buckle Wristlet.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Black Leather Soho.jpg
    Black Leather Soho.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 39
  • pinksohoflap.jpg
    pinksohoflap.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 29
  • sohostamp.JPG
    sohostamp.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 37
Oh no, don't get me wrong - the bag is adorable, and while I can obviously tell the difference between it and my Lindsay, I'm just concerned about this one little difference. Just wondering why COACH strayed away from using YKK for the zippers on this bag. I wish it were as easy as just taking it back but while my eyes can see a difference in the two Legacy's my wallet can too and it trumps my :drool: for a FP Legacy bag.
Oh how I wish it weren't so...:P

I think they are cute - I would probably get one of those outlet Ali-type bags if they would come out with those in more colors.

I have 2 factory Soho bags and one pink Soho wristlet and they have the "Coach" stamp on the buckle. That was a particular line and I enjoyed seeing that "Coach" stamp. Unfortunately, their later boutique Soho flap bags are missing the "Coach" stamp. So, it's not necessarily a factory issue. Maybe it's just less attention to detail overall.

The Coach lozenge stamp is on the left-hand corner of the buckle.

Yeah, little things like that make it more...COACHIE :tender:

I think they are cute - I would probably get one of those outlet Ali-type bags if they would come out with those in more colors.

Oh, I totally agree!! I don't like the lining though. It's that pale blue signature - But after planning an entire Tattersall and Blue Heritage stripe tattersall - green amanda kind of concoction - I think I can make it work! Not to mention I got the matching French Purse for $39!!

You're welcome, TallyCoachMom. The boutique bags with the huge brass turnlocks should all have the Coach lozenge stamp on the bottom of the brass plating.

It's hard to see on this gorgeous Madeline but it is on the bottom of the brass plate facing us. I have posted the drilldown and my own bag for comparison.

Attachments

• MediumPlumMadelaine12482.jpeg
    MediumPlumMadelaine12482.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 29
You're welcome, TallyCoachMom. The boutique bags with the huge brass turnlocks should all have the Coach lozenge stamp on the bottom of the brass plating.

It's hard to see on this gorgeous Madeline but it is on the bottom of the brass plate facing us. I have posted the drilldown and my own bag for comparison.

That's what I'm missing - I think that's cute and the Factory bag doesn't have it :crybaby:- But I think I'll survive! :smile:
The main thing that concerned me was the lack of YKK zippers - now I know that their not on EVERY bag as I previously believed, so it's good - I'm still gonna wear that baby with pride!!

DSC04036.jpg

Okay, I stand corrected. If the turnlock with the oval is up & down, then there is no Coach stamp on the turnlock plate. On the original Coach Leigh or Ali, there is no stamp on the turnlock plate. I'll upload that scary 'Hole Leigh' bag to show you. So, no worries.

BTW, that's a lovely factory shoulder bag and matching wallet. They both match each other so well. Anybody who knows Coach will recognize that's a real Coach bag.

Oh, btw, if you're morbidly curious to see the story behind this bag, please check this link:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/oh-the-horror-414333-4.html#post9690551

This story is not for the faint of heart.

Attachments

• Hole Leigh3.JPG
    Hole Leigh3.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited: