Does COACH not even claim their "Made for Factory" bags...

TallyCoachMom

Oct 25, 2008
OR is it just a Legacy thing?

I recently bought a Whiskey Legacy made for Factory bag. I noticed that nowhere on any of the hardware, at ALL, could I find a COACH emblem. This is the first Factory bad I've ever owned and just wasn't expecting the complete lack of adornment. Is this typical for all Legacy's or just typical for all factory bags. I've got one more "bone to pick" - I've also noticed that the zipper doesn't have ykk on it. I'm NOT an expert so I go by 2 or 3 mandatory requirements to prove authenticity. What happens if I ever go to sell this and the buyers also use those authentication methods? Why would COACH pay so little attention to a bag that, while it may be "Made for Factory", was originally priced at $330.00??? Isn't three hundred + worth a quality zipper? Please tell I'm just being a pest and there's something I don't know!

And I'm looking at my Zoe, which was at one point a FP bag, and there is no writing on the hardware, just the Coach stamp on the front.

Not all bags have Coach on the hardware. I have a Gigi and it doesn't. My Lindsay does. I prefer it without the Coach name everywhere.

Which is what I assumed and that's not an issue - so what about the zipper - is that NOT one of the requirements of authenticity? Every guide I've ever read screamed it and I once accused a seller of sending me a Non-authentic wallet and the zipper was the main reason...
BTW - thanks for listening to me whine!

And honestly without the whole COACH insignia everywhere - it's a drastic difference from my Lindsay and it just looks, well, plain! Not to mention that it's already kinda bland compared to the FP Legacy.

No, the Coach bag does not necessarily have to have the YKK zipper. I have a swingpack that my mom bought from Macys that doesn't have the YKK zipper. I might have another bag that doesn't. I'd have to look. But like I said earlier, it doesn't necessarily have to have YKK.

I've never heard about the zipper pull, but I'm off to check out some of my stuff from the outlet so I can see if it's there. It's not on my Zoe because it's a leather pull.

Ok, I just looked at everything I have in my bag with a zipper...Amanda cosmetic case, Tattersall Metallic wristlet, Amanda mini skinny...and none of YKK on the zipper.

And honestly without the whole COACH insignia everywhere - it's a drastic difference from my Lindsay and it just looks, well, plain! Not to mention that it's already kinda bland compared to the FP Legacy.

Well, the factory Legacy bags were made to be lower priced, lighter alternatives to the original Legacy bags. Personally, I think if you are comparing them to original Legacy or Lindsay, they will pale in comparison! Not dissing the outlet Legacy bags, they were made specifically for the reasons above, but most of us w/the original Legacy bags, or bags such as Lindsay, Lily, Gigi, etc, can really tell the difference, and not in a good way. As far as the zipper thing, that I know nothing about and never even noticed. If you are unhappy with it, just return it for a FP bag that is being sold at outlet prices.