Does Coach change items during product release?

tuffy1026

May 30, 2007
I'm not even sure how to state my question.... I was browsing on the bay tonight and came across this auction (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-New-Legac...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and it didn't look like what I saw on Coach's website so I went to verify the number. The style number is the same but the picture is distinctly
different (I notice what looks more like black than brown trim, fancy buckles on the front, and a different zipper pull tab).
41852_b4mc_a0_front

I actually thought the pouch was pretty cute from the Coach web picture. But, is the one on the bay what people are actually getting if they order it...? I'm relatively new to Coach so I'm not sure if this is pretty common place or a complete oddity... thoughts?

Hmm. I don't know what to say. The auction photos make it look authentic but I am not so sure. If it were a prototype it would have a P after the last number on the creed and quite frankly I don't even know if they do prototypes for accessories.

Maybe some others on here will know. Strange.

It can happen that the bags may differ slightly form the picture on the Coach site sometimes. For example, I know for a while at least they had the Gigi pictured with a pocket in the back and the Gigi I own has no pocket. To my knowledge, most (if not all) Gigis are pocketless. So it can happen. I would just caution you that the bag on ebay may be fake so be careful. I didn't check out the auction so I don't know, just mentioning it.

The picture you posted from the website (with the fancy buckles and whatnot) I just saw in the boutique today. I don't know what bag they're showing in the ebay auction, but the pic from the coach website is identical to the actual bag.

Coach DOES change items as they go along. It's very possible that the pouch with the straps is a slightly older release, or maybe they even released both styles at once to see which sold better. I've bought one of the early Heritage Stripe pieces that didn't have a Tattersall lining and wasn't marked as a Pilot Bag.

I was at my NEW local boutique and ALMOST picked this up. It was buckleless like the one in the *bay pic. The only thing that stopped me was that the darn handle felt like I was going to break it, it was so THIN! But the lining is TDF...such a rich fuschia!

Wow! So, it's been seen in two different boutiques both ways? How strange... I won't be bidding on the ebay one because I don't care for it that way, but I was thinking of ordering online or making a trip to the boutique but it's quite a drive so I didn't want to be disappointed. Very interesting ... thanks all!