Does Chanel Reissue ever come with leather woven chain???

GGS

Aug 19, 2020
Hi,
I recently purchased a preloved Chanel Reissue 226 from online. The serial number is 11484260. I have learned after the purchase that Classic Flaps only use leather-woven chain straps, though, and modern 2.55s only use all-chain straps. The bag I got uses leather-woven chain. I could not find another reissue bag using this chain other than The Real Real website. My question is if Chanel ever produced any reissue bags using leather woven chain. I have attached some photos of the bag. Did I buy a fake bag?
Thank you! View attachment 4822878

16D5C080-9FCB-4334-ABAB-84A9377F7BD1.png

331069ED-D0E6-4557-BA6B-474C260D9522.png

To my personal knowledge, I believe that the reissue is always an all-chain strap, but it doesn't mean that they've never done a one off. @Sabinalynn on IG is a professional handbag authenticator and can do it virtually. Keep us updated!

Reactions: OCMomof3
It is not a fake. I have the same bag. :smile: This was a seasonal bag, which I believe was called the Chanel hybrid bag. I love the uniqueness of this bag, taking the best of both worlds..the leather woven chain and the maidemoiselle lock! Also the washed lambskin is to die for, and sits perfectly on my hip when worn as a single chain.

It is not a fake. I have the same bag. :smile: This was a seasonal bag, which I believe was called the Chanel hybrid bag. I love the uniqueness of this bag, taking the best of both worlds..the leather woven chain and the maidemoiselle lock! Also the washed lambskin is to die for, and sits perfectly on my hip when worn as a single chain.
Definitely the best of both worlds, very unique.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Hi all, I actually have a hybrid reissue already, I’ve loved it for years without knowing what it was! However I have another that is similar, when I bought it I just loved it and didn’t think much of its quirks! Has anyone seen one before or know what it is? It’s in soft caviar, black hardware and has a woven chain. This isn’t my bag, but it’s the same. Mine is in storage and luckily on much better condition!

IMG_5195.png

IMG_5196.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg