Does Chanel reguild gold hardware from the vintage collections?

I don't know about that, but I have a person who restores Chanel and he is able to get the hardware re-coated to match the original. I'm in LA and would be glad to refer you his info.

I was thinking about getting the Diana bag but was wondering what happens when the gold chips away til it's worn out? Can you get it fixed by Chanel?

Most likely not since its vintage and they've been *bleeps* about their repair/refurbishing policy as of late.

Leather Surgeons definitely does it because I inquired about it a few months ago for one of my vintage flaps. They're based in Pennsylvania and Chanel uses them for their U.S repair needs.

Reactions: GaladrielDelabois
Would it be hard to send a vintage flap from Canada to there? It just sounds kind of risky to send three grand bag all the way to somewhere else... |Perhaps I should stick to silver hardware?

Would it be hard to send a vintage flap from Canada to there? It just sounds kind of risky to send three grand bag all the way to somewhere else... |Perhaps I should stick to silver hardware?
Hi,
As bisoux78 said, leather surgeons does re-guild hardware. I've had it done on several Chanel bags and vintage jewelry. It looks beautiful after. I know people ship them bags from all over the world. I'd check out their website and contact them.

I buy bags from a seller in the UK and they ship bags regularly to LS for repairs.

I hope you get your Diana soon!

I don't know about that, but I have a person who restores Chanel and he is able to get the hardware re-coated to match the original. I'm in LA and would be glad to refer you his info.
Hello. I just saw your post. Is he/she able to repair the chain and the cc on the front of the classic flap if the gold has chipped off on a newer flap with gold toned hardware? TIA