No price tag. Is this normal?

Does anyone know what the barcode and QR code at the bottom of the tags are for? And has anyone ever received their bag with that part of the tag cut off? I noticed that the tag for my 22P black CCH was cut at the bottom. I’m wondering if this means my CCH is actually from a previous collection and they just put a new 22P tag on it.

I wouldn't worry. One of my SAs no longer provides the tags because of the RFID and the QR code on the bottom. She used to give it to me but stopped starting last year and when I asked she mentioned something about it having to do with inventory/records. Not really sure as I didn't ask for more information. If that is also the case with your boutique I would assume cutting that portion off may be an alternative to keeping the whole tag.

I've scanned the QR code for my tags before and it doesn't open anything (I'm sure it has a purpose for the boutique). The QR only brings up the same numbers you see at the bottom of the tag that I circled in red. The little symbol next to it indicates the tag can be scanned using the boutiques RFID system (for boutique use) and the cut off part actually has the RFID chip embedded in it which the store uses to scan for inventory/checkout... Which makes sense and lines up with what my SA said about why her boutique no longer includes it.

Like idlehen said most colors vary from season to season even if it is a slight difference so you should have nothing to worry about. Personally I feel that Chanel wouldn't retag their items to appear as if its from the new collection because I've seen people find items from past seasons with the original tag.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.00.48 AM.png

Reactions: jc3881
I wouldn't worry. One of my SAs no longer provides the tags because of the RFID and the QR code on the bottom. She used to give it to me but stopped starting last year and when I asked she mentioned something about it having to do with inventory/records. Not really sure as I didn't ask for more information. If that is also the case with your boutique I would assume cutting that portion off may be an alternative to keeping the whole tag.

I've scanned the QR code for my tags before and it doesn't open anything (I'm sure it has a purpose for the boutique). The QR only brings up the same numbers you see at the bottom of the tag that I circled in red. The little symbol next to it indicates the tag can be scanned using the boutiques RFID system (for boutique use) and the cut off part actually has the RFID chip embedded in it which the store uses to scan for inventory/checkout... Which makes sense and lines up with what my SA said about why her boutique no longer includes it.

Like idlehen said most colors vary from season to season even if it is a slight difference so you should have nothing to worry about. Personally I feel that Chanel wouldn't retag their items to appear as if its from the new collection because I've seen people find items from past seasons with the original tag.

View attachment 5313334

Thanks so much for such a detailed response! I got a black CCH so I thought there was a chance it was retagged from 21K since Chanel always releases black CCHs and I got my bag very close to the 22P launch date despite all the shipment delays and supply chain constraints. I think this paranoia of me paying current prices for “old” inventory is because I’ve heard of stores withholding bags before a PI to sell once the new price is in effect and I’m bummed that I wasn’t able to secure a CCH before the recent PI.

Just purchased a flap bag ( blue white floral fabric) from the boutique but when I got home and opened the box I noticed the SA cut off the price tag and didn't include it. I thought they want the tags attached incase you want to return it? Should I go back and ask for it? Seems like something I should have to prove authenticity incase I ever want to sell it in the future. Do they not give you the price tags? Also are they not including those black authenticity cards with the serial number on them anymore?

All my Chanel Bags purchased either in the US or Europe had tags attached - some two! (and without me asking.) Authenticity cards have been replaced (since June 2021) by golden metal plates within bags with a code on it that can be scanned to assure authenticity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cinnamon718
The ones I've purchased in Europe do not but the ones in US had the price tag. When I asked the flagship boutique at rue cambon 31 in Paris, they told me that they don't give it out and that it's discarded.

Also, no more authenticity cards. It's now a metal plate inside with the serial number as of 2021

Reactions: Cinnamon718
All bags purchased in AU, IT and FR didn’t have the tag.
The one I purchased in Ala Moana back in 2019 surprisingly did not include it too but I don’t really need it so not fussed.