Does Chanel ever change/update the Classic Flap bag?

I think the most obvious change was going from single flap to double flap....IMO, the double flap looks thicker and the chain is different....

This is really only relevant to Jumbos, and actually in my opinion Jumbos have seen the most changes over the decades. M/L classic flaps and square minis have maintained more consistencies over the seasons. They had East/West classic flaps for a bit, then they came out with the rectangle minis in more recent years. I've seen seasons where some minis had a double chain system like M/L's and jumbos. They definitely try some variations every now and again. But again the core design of what makes a bag a classic flap is maintained.

Reactions: squidgee
This is really only relevant to Jumbos, and actually in my opinion Jumbos have seen the most changes over the decades. M/L classic flaps and square minis have maintained more consistencies over the seasons. They had East/West classic flaps for a bit, then they came out with the rectangle minis in more recent years. I've seen seasons where some minis had a double chain system like M/L's and jumbos. They definitely try some variations every now and again. But again the core design of what makes a bag a classic flap is maintained.
oh, Im sorry!..I didn't realize the double flaps were only on jumbos...

actually, the small flap does have a double flap.....

I always think classics will be around but in a few weeks will be introducing Classic M/L and Jumbo in caviar with no quilts called "pure" which I read from another poster.
The color will be "nude" which looks on the pink side to me. Anyone that see's this version first please post a pic! I already showed photo on a "prototype" model. I don't think so.........looks like a plain jane to me.:amazed::hrmm::shocked:
Pure just means no quilting, likely seasonal bags. Quilted diamonds classic flaps in caviar or lamb with gold or silver hardware usually the continuous line (not seasonal), hard to score them esp caviar (limited production each year), variations in hardware typically seasonal.

Reactions: Plumeria233
actually, the small flap does have a double flap.....
YES, I am saying it's the jumbo that switched from single to double in more recent years. NOT the other flaps. You made a blanket statement of flaps going from single to double, that is the JUMBO that did that not all flaps, lets try not to confuse people....

yea. I saw this on another thread and was kinda horrified. It looked "wrong". But I think the phot was just of a prototype and maybe I just need to get used to it. :hrmm:
Oh there has to be something more to it than just caviar leather! Maybe half and half? Well in a few weeks we shall find out soon enough:confused1: I even asked if they were going to be the same classic price and he said yes!:shocked:

YES, I am saying it's the jumbo that switched from single to double in more recent years. NOT the other flaps. You made a blanket statement of flaps going from single to double, that is the JUMBO that did that not all flaps, lets try not to confuse people....
gotcha...when you said it was "only relevant to jumbos" it didn't make sense ...not trying to confuse people....

Hey guys. Thinking of getting this classic flap bag hoping that it never goes out of style. My only worry is that in a few years time Chanel will change the design/pattern of the classic flap? Have they done it before with the classic flap?
This is the first Chanel that I purchased 23 years ago. The exact bag and there is nothing old about it and I still use it.

Reactions: TChip5 and Lola24