Does Chanel Cashmere Stretch??

toniec

May 11, 2008
Hello Ladies
This is my first post on the Chanel forum so I am hoping I am posting my question in the right place.

I am considering purchasing a new chanel sweater from a trusted reseller. Not being a regular C customer, I am not sure how their sweaters fit. The measurements provided look ok but i normally find french designers tailor their upper sleeves a bit too small for my liking. I normally have knits blocked and it works like a charm.

Is there much give/stretch in Chanel cashmere sweaters? Have you ever had one blocked a bit larger than orginal size?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or experience you have with this!! Have a great day.

Chanel has a habit of fitting small (at least on me) yes Cashmere can stretch but I wouldn't recommend it. Cashmere is a very touchy material that when stretched will stayed stretched and not go back. It also has to HAS TO !!! be dry cleaned and never never machine washed or it can shrink to almost nothing or fall apart.

I hope this helps

Chanel has a habit of fitting small (at least on me) yes Cashmere can stretch but I wouldn't recommend it. Cashmere is a very touchy material that when stretched will stayed stretched and not go back. It also has to HAS TO !!! be dry cleaned and never never machine washed or it can shrink to almost nothing or fall apart.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your quick response Flyboy2. Very helpful.

The last C sweaters I've purchased I've had to go down in size and the sleeves are still long. Always fold them and keep them in a drawer versus hanger or they may stretch. I don't hang them so there's not been an issue. As far as cleaning, I handwash them in lukewarm water with a dot and I do mean a dot of Dawn. Whether wool, cashmere or anything hand washed do not wring but squeeze sparingly. Have some newspapers layed out on the carpet, multiple layers with a towel on top. Put the sweater flat on the towel and then roll the towel from hem to neck or vice versa. Remove the wet towel and get a dry towel and place on top of the paper layers. Put the sweater down again, straighten out any creases and let it air dry. No shrinkage, no problems at all. I've been doing this for years after I had a dry cleaner ruin a sweater on the first cleaning and refused to reimburse for the sweater.

We wash our delicates exactly the same way jmen! I find dry cleaning chemicals too harsh on such delicate fibers and love the soft touch of hand washing.

Interesting you find the sweaters are fitting large, I wonder if anyone else has found this? The sweater i am looking at is from the cruise line in 2010.

Hello Ladies
This is my first post on the Chanel forum so I am hoping I am posting my question in the right place.

I am considering purchasing a new chanel sweater from a trusted reseller. Not being a regular C customer, I am not sure how their sweaters fit. The measurements provided look ok but i normally find french designers tailor their upper sleeves a bit too small for my liking. I normally have knits blocked and it works like a charm.

Is there much give/stretch in Chanel cashmere sweaters? Have you ever had one blocked a bit larger than orginal size?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or experience you have with this!! Have a great day.

I love Chanel Knits and find that they are cut generously. I almost always need to go down a size. There is one style from 2010 that was cut a bit small, but I have found this to be unusual for chanel. If you want to post the picture of it, I might be better able to tell you if it runs true to size or not. Chanel knits in my experience can be blocked nicely for a more customized fit. HTH

Any suggestions luckylove?

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for the late reply but my quote notification has not been working this week. It notifies me only on my PMs right now. I just checked your thread and saw this. If memory serves me, this cardi ran true to size and was not overly generous in the cut. In this particular photo, I can not tell if it is rather fitted due to it bring pinned in back etc... At any rate, rest assured the cashmeres do block quite nicely up to one size. I hope this helps! Please keep us posted on what you decide! Best wishes!:smile:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for the late reply but my quote notification has not been working this week. It notifies me only on my PMs right now. I just checked your thread and saw this. If memory serves me, this cardi ran true to size and was not overly generous in the cut. In this particular photo, I can not tell if it is rather fitted due to it bring pinned in back etc... At any rate, rest assured the cashmeres do block quite nicely up to one size. I hope this helps! Please keep us posted on what you decide! Best wishes!:smile:
Not to worry at all. Really appreciate the advice!!! In will definitely report back but am likely going to go for it.

Thanks again.