Does Chanel alter RTW?

lightdays

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I have a jacket I LOVE, but it's a tad tight and I would like it to get altered a bit bigger. I hear Chanel does alterations, but I'm not 100% so I'm asking you. I would only want Chanel to do it because I want it original and 100% Chanel rather than an outside tailor using her own thread, etc. Sorry I am picky about this, but this is my preference. Thanks.

Sorry I just did a more thorough search on Google and brought me some info about Chanel alterations at Chanel stores (why didn't it bring this up when I was searching it before, I have no idea ugh!) on tPF. The closest Chanel store is the one in Beverly Hills. Do they do good alterations there?

There's a bunch of threads on this. Yes, Chanel does alterations but my opinion is that the quality of these varies from store to store.

Big department stores also will alter Chanel and can even be a better choice if you've found a good alterationist there. Larkie (who has a few giant rtw threads) has a great alterationist, for example.

I've had things ruined a few times in alterations and so I would be very careful, in your place, about who I chose to take care of this.

Hope this begins to help?

Just wanted to add (after re-reading your first post) that having things altered at US boutiques is not the same as having them altered at Chanel headquarters in France. The US boutiques use local people, not Chanel seamstresses. The quality is variable. It can be excellent or it can be less so.

Apparently, it's different in Europe and items are sent to France for alterations -- or, at least, somebody posted that in one of the earlier threads about this.