Does carrying a Birkin Bag into FSH get you better service/treatment?

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Hi all

I will be travelling to Paris in Sept.

Thinking if I should carry my Blue Jean 30 birkin with me.

Will I get better service/treatment if I carry the birkin bag into the store? Or would I get the same service if I were to walk in with one of my Chanel handbags?

Please give me your thoughts!

I think I would prefer to carry a 30cm as its not as heavy to tote around especially when I am shopping!:smile:

Lemme know your experiences!

Couldn't hurt I don't think. It would make you look like a devotee of H. :smile:
Totally wish I could go with you!
I'm going to Las Vegas on my next trip with DH for a weening (as in weening the baby) trip. I realllllllly wanted to go to Paris but that would take more time away from the kids so we opted on going to LV.
Want pics and details of your travels please!

I can't really answer the FSH question, but I just wanted to say I always feel more confident when I go into an unfamiliar store, if I'm carrying/wearing Hermes.

It just makes me feel like I look like I'm obviously familiar with the brand. Although I don't feel it helps me get better treatment than when I'm not wearing any Hermes.

IMO, that they aim to offer the best service to everyone, regardless of appearence.

It doesn't matter what bag you are carrying, Birkin owners don't get any special treatment. But they do seem to notice if you have some other H items on you, my well worn wallet gets the most compliments. And once again, they are SA's, they are there to help you and sell you things, they do not need to be impressed.

It doesn't matter what bag you are carrying, Birkin owners don't get any special treatment. But they do seem to notice if you have some other H items on you, my well worn wallet gets the most compliments. And once again, they are SA's, they are there to help you and sell you things, they do not need to be impressed.
ITA, just be nice and polite and treat them like you´d want to be treated..then you should do just fine!

Don't have an answer since I have no Birkin lol But, I noticed that when you know what you want and are familiar with H terms in general, you do get a special treatment, JMO. I'm talking about stores I went for the first time.

so true. be your polite self and you will evetually get what you want. also engaging in a coversation about H and its craftsmenship etc can help

one word though if you are after another birkin etc. and are not known at FSH i witnessed sometimes to be counterproductive to carry a birkin as the only h you have on to the store (another h bag or item is better or even none at all)
it can put you into the position of a "birkin hunter" kwim

of course only my experience and my opinion

i carried my kelly into FSH and still have to contend with the "Sorry i can't help you, i'm still helping someone" several times.

So i think if they're busy, you still have to wait. I waited for about 15 minutes before an SA became available. I stood by her for about a minute and she signaled to me she'll be done in a bit. She's the very nice asian lady in the FSH store.