Does carrying a Birkin Bag into FSH get you better service/treatment?

I honestly don't think carrying a birkin will make any difference. I've had no attention when carrying a birkin, and was swarmed by SAs when I was carrying my Victoria in a colour they had not seen yet. As lilach said, just be polite and interested in the brand...

Communicating genuine interest in the product line, the brand and its history and being polite and understanding of a wait if the store is busy, works as well as a birkin. :biggrin:

so true. be your polite self and you will evetually get what you want. also engaging in a coversation about H and its craftsmenship etc can help

one word though if you are after another birkin etc. and are not known at FSH i witnessed sometimes to be counterproductive to carry a birkin as the only h you have on to the store (another h bag or item is better or even none at all)
it can put you into the position of a "birkin hunter" kwim

of course only my experience and my opinion

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to bring my birkin with me but I think after reading this thread I will leave it at home.

Last month going in to an H-store, I was carrying an orange (really H-orange) handbag of another designer brand and an SA actually genuinely complimented me on the bag - I thought it was kind of funny, but also shows that you don't have to have an H-bag with you to get good/better service!

Last edited:
I would think that wearing non-birkin H items (scarf, bracelet, rtw, other bag) shows you have an appreciation of the brand beyond that which is "popular", and that would appeal to the SAs. Having said that, I walked in with a Birkin, and walked out having placed an SO. It *could* be because I bought a lot of other items (bracelets, rtw), but then there are different SAs for different departments.

While you are traveling there is also an Hermes store in Athens. I was there in April and they had a Birkin on the shelf. Go there too they were so nice to me. I bought a large silver bracelet and I was carrying a LV bag.

I don't think it matters. I have been in with Kellys, birkins and non-H bags, and have been smart or casual, and the service has always been the same. I think as mentioned, as long as you are polite and show an interest in the brand the SAs will always be happy to help. Last week in the afternoon in FSH I witnessed a lady shouting "BIRKIN" at the SA, who politely advised that they had no more stock in at the moment and to try again later. The lady persisted "BIRKIN" and the poor SA went through again 2 or 3 times slowly and in detail telling her that she was sorry but there were no bags in at the moment. She had the patience of a saint given the askee didn't even say please or thank you and the only word she said she yelled!

^^^
that is just unbelieveably tasteless behaviour, no wonder some SAs get tired of customers (not meaning specifically H SAs, just in general). Sometimes I think that there are quite a few people who do not have the word thank you in their vocabulary!

^^ I agree. It must be horrible to have someone speak to you like that and expect decent service in return. I understand not everyone speaks French, but even with no language skills at all it is still possible to be polite and get across your meaning without resorting to shouting. The poor SA had explained and as above and then began serving another lady when the original woman interupted her by touching her arm and shouting "BIRKIN" again. *sigh*. She was still there hovering when I left and seemed to be trying another SA!

I was at an H sale where there were signs clearly posted noting that all H sale items would be placed in plain white bags. A woman started screaming at a SA when she saw her sale items were not in the typical orange H shopping bags. She made a huge scene, cancelled the sale, and stormed out. Yikes! I didn't think anyone could get worked up so much about orange paper bags. :shrugs: