Does BV Bag Weight Matter?

VictoriaC

Dec 13, 2007
I am very torn. I generally do not carry heavy handbags. However, as I seek my first 2008 BV bag purchase, I find myself attracted to so many of the heavier style bags, i.e. Pyramid 2-1/2 lbs., Ossidato Cervo 3 lbs., new Julie 2-1/2 to 3 lbs., Romas 3 lbs., totes 2 lbs and up, and San Marco Settantasei bag (don't know weight but sure feels heavy). I ask myself, "Why do you like all the heavy bag styles?" I am thinking I can curb what I put in the bag to lighten the load, but what is a lady to do? I hate to spend the money on a bag that I can use so seldom because it is weighing me down, but alas, some of the heavier bags are so divine. Do any of my fellower BVers deal with this same issue? Please advise.

the pyramid doesn't feel 2 pounds to me, (and i saw someone posted their ottone sloane was 2 pounds and it is definitely heavier than the pyramid). i don't have a kitchen scale to weigh though.... and when in comparison to other bags i have carried like alexandar mcqueen and Hermes. hmmm.

veneta definitely is the lightest BV style and i think cabat the heaviest. i think the roma also tends to be heavy because of the hardware and the three pocket style.

have you tried them on IRL?

Yes, I recently went into a BV store to check out the different bags. Even a three lb. bag does not feel too heavy when wearing it around the store for a short period. The SA volunteered that the Pyramid was 2-1/2 lbs. She thought the small amount of hardware contributed to the weight. Like you, I didn't think it felt 2-1/2 lbs. either. You are right, I could always go with the classic Veneta. The ball bags are not too heavy.

Dealing with a chronic nerve problem that effects my neck all the way down my left arm..the side I carry my bags, weight has become crucial. The pyramid is listed as 2.5 pounds and the sloane is every bit of 3. Venetas are 2 pounds, the tote with the braided handle is also 2 pounds. I'm not sure of the exact weight of the new ball but I would say it falls between 2-2.5 but it sits so well balanced on the shoulder that it's light in feel similar to carrying a veneta. HTH