Does buying an expensive makeup brush really make a difference?

^ Good point. I really want a badger or goat hair brush now. And nice hairbrushes are boar bristle, aren't they?

Mead_wild_boar.JPG

Nice! :graucho:

^^ Charisma; My sis & fren uses the Face brush and Blush brush frm The Bodyshop. They said it's very good so far & it doesn't cost tt much here in Spore. I think the big face brush costs ard SGD31.90?
I've got the foundation brush and smudger thingy frm Bodyshop. So far ok.

The April fool's joke was good one ladies...ekekekek.
Nway, I use the MAC #187 for tinted moisturiser, foundation and applying loose powder around my eyes. I love love love this brush. Sephora has a cheaper version (SGD50++) but I find tt the MAC #187 (SGD82) has a better texture. I also use the MAC #129 for blush application. So far, these are my two most expensive brushes.
My face and eyebrushes are quite cheap. For loose powder I use a large face brush frm Sasa, it's made frm goat hair & costs only SGD13++!. My eyeshadow and concealer brushes are frm NYX (yep they apparently have it here is SG!) and costs ard SGD14.90 each.
So abit of a mix & match for me....hope this helps.

Face brushes I think the more expensive might be better and eyebrushes it doesn't matter so much.I bought the #187 yesterday and it's amazing. Of course there are a lot of comparable brushes to the higher end ones. I ordered some brushes from www.crownbrush.com which are rumored to be comparable to a lot of MACs brushes, so i'll probably be doing a review in a few days when they arrive.

I couldn't be sure.. I've a brush set from Clinique that totally blows. The bristles are coarse and they don't feel nice against my face. They're not quite high-end, but not the drugstore kind either.

I've got a lot from sephora and BE, but, the Ulta ones really aren't that bad (and, sometimes, you can get them for 20% off, or, buy one get one half-off). And, even w/o a discount, Ulta is normally cheaper than Sephora. Also, at Ulta, I found some really cheap really nice feeling brushes, over by their lower end make-up (Revlon, Rimmell and the likes). It's something like Japanese or something like that, and, those brushes feel really nice!!

Also, NEVER, EVER use a sponge!!! A sponge soaks up a ton of un-used make-up, so, their wasteful. Also, a sponge is just spreading your face's bacteria all over itself day after day, so, it's very un-hygenic!