Does Burberry offer repairs?

Lbellep

May 2, 2014
IMG_2708.JPG I received this backpack for Christmas 2014. Not quite 2 years ago. I have used it some but not a lot. It's in very good condition overall. Still very clean. I like the newer one that has the pockets on the outside. I think it will be more functional. So I got my backpack out and was going to list it on eBay when I noticed that one of the straps had a problem. I really don't think this is from use. The other side does not have any problems. I think the space on this side is tighter and there for rubbed the leather away. My problem is that I am over an hour from a Burberry store. If I make the trip is Burberry known for making repairs? I'm more familiar with LV and know they would. Thanks for your help!

We have brought a 3 year used Golderton leather tote to the store in Amsterdam (PC Hooftstraat) because a screw was missing in a strap. We bought in Lafayette/Paris but didn't have any papers anymore and we were not known in the system. The staff were vey kind and helpful after filling in the forms it was taken in to send to their repair department, no shipping cost!

After 3,5 weeks we got it back complete with the missing screw and the bag completely reconditioned, it looked like new again, fantastic service from Burberry, kudos to them! Total cost only €45.

We're now trying to sell it as we've found a new object lol

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 5,287
I am currently waiting to hear back from Burberry, my bag has now been sent to a third repair shop as the first two said it's not possible to repair. My bag hasn't been used much and you can tell by the leather and straps.
It is out of warranty, so not sure what will happen if the third shop comes back as no it can't be repaired.
the materiel near all four handles have frayed

Reactions: Lbellep