Does BE take paypal?

I don't know if they still do but they must have in the past. I bought a bag from a seller and she included her original receipt (dated 10/08) that was paid to BE via Paypal.

I wish they did. It would be so much easier.

I agree. I have bought things from other non US companies before w/ Paypal and had no processing fee from my bank. When I did the bespoke deposit, I had almost $5 in charges from the check card transaction. I am putting the balance on a credit card, only to do an instant payment from checking to avoid fees. Paypal would be great!

Darn, I got a 30% off up to $250 coupon from paypal, so that would have saved me $75.
It didn't even occur to me that it would also save that fee the cc company charges. I could have sworn though too, that at some point they did, bc I seem to remember during one of the sales, it was stated that payment with paypal would not instantly guarantee the purchase (I guess that would be bc it takes a few minutes to get the email and for someone to see it).

I've bought directly from BE in the past and Jackie didn't, but I was rather late getting into the system, a little more than a year ago. Possibly before that she did. I like paying with paypal as I have it set up to debit my checking account. I like that better than a big surprise when the credit card bill comes at the end of the month.

Doesn't Paypal still charge the seller a fee based on the amount of currency changing hands? (It used to when I was selling on Ebay.) If so I imagine that BE would want to pass that fee on to the customer.

^ Yes, they sure do. I was under the impression Paypal was less too. I think that it varies on business size but I know diamond brokers/companies will sometimes do a 2 or 3% wire discount if you don't do by credit b/c they can avoid the fees and also, when getting my roof estimates, there is a surcharge for credit v. cash/check (which is what I am doing) of anywhere from 2-4%.

If it is a $600 bag, those 4% charges really add up quickly on the merchant side.

Doesn't Paypal still charge the seller a fee based on the amount of currency changing hands? (It used to when I was selling on Ebay.) If so I imagine that BE would want to pass that fee on to the customer.

I wouldn't mind paying the tiny percentage of fees to have more control over the transaction. The only thing I don't like about paying BE is that you never know when the charge may be coming and with purchases over $500 I like to know so that DH and I aren't making big charges at the same time on the same card that we use only for internet purchases.

^ My credit card charges no transaction fees for overseas purchases. So, if I pay by credit and do an auto transfer from checking to credit (b/c same bank) I can avoid the fee that the checking account gets hit w/.