Does babying your bag ruining your enjoyment ?

I baby my bags in the beginning then ease up a little. I mean, it's a bag and it's meant to be enjoyed.

I am still not rough with them but I don't totally baby them either.

NOW, ask me about the Vernis Rose Pop heart I just bought and that is a different story..THAT is being babied ;)

edit:I just remembered, it did take me a few months to use my Palermo GM when it was brand new..lol..AND I have these covers I bought for my Speedy 35 handles so they don't get dirty.

Geez..I am worse than I thought LOL

Last edited:
yes it does. eg i postpone using my new monogram bag due to the new vachetta. after half a year i finally overcome my "fear" of ruining the vachetta, plus the vachetta has turn slightly darker, so i finally took it out. good thing i have overcome my "fear" lol otherwise i might have fainted in LV boutique. my baby was chewing on the vachetta when i wasn't looking. anyway my bag survive the saliva flood with almost no trace but the 3 teeth mark is still visible :lol:

Alot of the bags I have I baby for a certain time and then I just USE them LOL...The ones that I covet in my collection I do try to care for them but when you look at them closely, you can see they have been well used but well loved as well. I have one LV so far and she has been used a few times already but still looks MINT even though she's been banged up a bit...;) Needless to say, she's back in her dustbag resting LOL!

Yes - I baby mine too. I bought a Damier Speedy Azur 30 in Miami last August and it has been sitting in my closet, in her box, ever since. The Canadian winters are just too harsh - slush, snow, freezing rain, you name it. I don't want to risk "hurting" her! LOL! I don't even think I would use any Azur during the winter months as it looks so summery to me anyways...

I also have some Vernis stuff which I don't use frequently because I'm constantly wiping away fingerprints and worrying about scratches. *sigh*

I am careful but I don't baby my bags. I make sure I never put them on the floor or anywhere that they might get dirty but thats it.

If my husband accidently dropped something on my bag and I went ballistic with him he would be really upset with me. That is a bit over the top. I'm sure yours didnt do it on purpose to ruin your bag.

Just relax and enjoy your bags without panicking that they might get ruined. They are designer bags but they are supposed to be used.

I do fully admit that I can be obsessed and crazed about my beloved LV collection. :smile: I enjoy each and every LV item in my collection whether I baby them or not. I go a bit nutty about some of my LE but some of my other items, not so much.

For instance, my luggage has scars from various trips that I find endearing, as I can recount a story for each wound, while my Cabas Raye or WC Papillon are irreplaceable and get my most special treatment even as I enjoy using them. A few pieces get special treatment by default - my Pomme beauty case looks new only because it's soooo impractical to travel with that it's only been used a few times in a year and a half. I love it still though and would never give it up.

So I guess my answer is no, babying my bag does not ruin my enjoyment. However I use my LV, my enjoyment is found in having a brand I love.

Yes, I tend to "baby" my bags, epsecially the LEs. However, this doesn't stop me from enjoying the bags as I get a special joy out of being careful when using them and seeing that some of them are in mint condition or look practically brand new still. The funny thing is that I tend to want to baby my mom's LV bags when I see her carrying them - LOL. She uses her LVs, even during the rainy season, and doesn't care whether or not the vachetta gets any water marks on it. Therefore, I had to apply the Wilson's leather protectant on all of her LVs with vachetta just to be on the safe side :P

It used to.. for the first few weeks I got it.
But yes, it does ruin my enjoyment and I have learned to not dwell on little imperfections (rain stains, little wrinkles) and focus on the overall beauty of the bag!

Yes, I hate having to worry about my bags. I want to use them, not keep them in the closet. I'm not a total slob but I don't really baby them either, except when they're brand-new.

i left a lindt chocolate in my damier speedy, and it melted on the red lining. There's a brown stain on it now.. and i got really upset.

Does anyone know how to clean this?? Thanks!

i left a lindt chocolate in my damier speedy, and it melted on the red lining. There's a brown stain on it now.. and i got really upset.

Does anyone know how to clean this?? Thanks!

Well I am trying to lose weight so the chances are I would have tried to stick my head inside the bag to lick the chocolate off! I am missing chocolate so much!! :P